Thirteen

Seven's POV

I walk into the agency after making sure I disabled all security systems. I know the structure and layout of the building like the back of my hand, so it's not hard for me to find the office.

Rummaging through the Boss's desk, I notice one of his drawers is locked. Working quickly, I use my equipment to pick the lock. It doesn't take long until I hear a click and it opens.

I find a burner phone under a pile of papers. While I'm at it, I check his safe and try to open it. I try several passwords but nothing works. I'm getting frustrated but something clicks in my mind. The day he took over. I punch in the numbers and the door opens.

There are lots of documents, bank transactions and other stuff. Something at the end of the safe catches my eye and I hold the tiny plastic bag up. Black powder? The Beast.

Quickly securing the things I got, I make sure the room appears as it was before. I find my way to the entrance but just as I exit, someone lunges towards me with a knife in hand. Before he can strike me, Four appears from behind him and twists his arm, making the knife fall to the ground.

The man wriggles out of his grasp and runs. I sprint as fast as I can, managing to knock him down to the ground. However, he stands back up as if nothing happens. His arm doesn't seem to hurt either. I took too long examining him, I didn't notice him tackling me to the ground.

Damn he's strong. His eyes, they're red.

I lift my hips, making him lose balance but he quickly traps me with his body weight again. He's too strong. He shouldn't be this strong, according to his physique.

I try to buck my hips again but he lands a punch to the side of my face. This is sure to bruise. I think my forehead was cut open.

He tries to strangle me, making me lose oxygen. I try to gasp for air and just in time,  Alex arrives and shoots him in the leg.

I sit up, catching my breath.

'Are you okay? Are you hurt?' Alex asks looking for any injuries.

'I'm okay. Are you okay? Your wound...'

I'm fine. Let's get out of here.

Four's POV
We tie up the guy and take him to the house.

'Alex. He's not usual. His eyes. It's like he didn't even see me as a human. He was extremely strong too.'

'The Beast. It's probably all related.'

We arrive and the team looks at us confused.

'Guys, please take him to the basement. He's very strong. Be careful and please watch over him. We'll explain later,' I tell them.

'Come,' I say to Seven and take her hand, leading her upstairs.

She sits on the bed, while I grab the first aid kit.

'You're lucky it doesn't need stitches,' I say, cleaning the blood with a towel. She winces in pain but remains still.

After putting on some ointment, I put a bandaid on it and catch her staring at me.

Her eyes look so beautiful, sparkling in the low light. She notices me staring at her lips and does the same.

I feel the sudden urge to kiss her and I do. Her lips are sweet and soft, so tender and plump. She hesitates for a while before kissing me back with the same passion. I like her and it seems like all our feelings are being expressed through this kiss. I don't know what we are but we're definitely more than teammates.

Hey besties! I'm back! I'll try uploading more often now but thank you for waiting!!