7 - The Feast

"What about you two? Don't you have anything to say?" Pansy asked Crabbe and Goyle, who were awfully silent.

"Uh... Maybe by next year Malfoy and Potter will be married?" Crabbe suggested, clearly not used to voicing out his opinion.

"And maybe next decade they'll be divorced?" Goyle added, obviously unsure of himself.

Crabbe elbowed Goyle in the ribs, and Crabbe muttered something that sounded like, "I said the wrong thing, didn't I?"

Pansy rolled her eyes. Harry decided that Crabbe and Goyle were a useless pair and didn't need to be included in the conversation, much less in the friend group.

"Whatever. Draco and I are just friends," Harry said, popping a grape directly into his mouth so Draco wouldn't get the chance to steal it.

Draco snorted. "Friends? Yeah, right. Don't forget I still haven't forgiven you for sitting on my face."

Pansy, Blaise, and Daphne burst into laughter, earning looks from other students.

"You sat on his face?" Daphne asked Harry with amusement.

"This is happening much faster than we thought," Blaise said while laughing.

"Well? Malfoy, did you lick it?" Pansy asked with anticipation.

"What?" Draco sputtered, going red in the face. "What do you mean, lick it? Why the bloody hell would I lick Potter's arse?"

Salazar was laughing while he remained wrapped around Harry's neck.

"Cool snake," Blaise told Harry.

"I know. His name's Salazar," Harry said smugly.

"Salazar? As in, Salazar Slytherin?" Pansy remarked.

"Yeah," Harry replied with pride.

"Are you gonna bring him around everywhere you go?" Daphne asked.

"Yeah, or McGonagall's probably gonna throw him away while I'm not looking," said Harry.

"That was really cool, when you managed to smuggle him in like that," Blaise remarked.

"McGonagall looked like she was about to punch you in the face," Pansy said with a snicker.

"Hey Potter, mind feeding me a grape?" Draco chimed in, trying to divert Harry's attention back to him.

"Awww, Baby Malfoy needs Daddy Potter to feed him a gwape," Pansy crooned as Blaise and Daphne snickered.

"Here," Harry said and flung a grape into the air.

The grape splatted onto Draco's nose, its juices slicking up his face.

The Slytherins burst into laughter as Draco fumed, cursing at Harry, who was laughing the hardest while wiping Draco's nose with a tissue.

"My bad, definitely an accident," Harry lied in between giggles, giving Draco's nose a little pat before tossing the tissue onto the table.

"I swear, Potter, I'm gonna kill you in your sleep," Draco grumbled, his cheeks a bright shade of pink.

They hadn't noticed that the headmaster, Albus Dumbledore, had already finished his very short speech.

The feast had begun, and Draco didn't hesitate to fling a Yorkshire pudding into the air, making it land on Harry's face.

The Slytherins roared with laughter as Harry and Draco began flinging all sorts of food into the air, dodging and cursing each other while laughing. Every now and then, Salazar would catch some of the food and swallow it in one go.

Severus Snape, their Head of House, lightly scolded them for playing with food and went over to the other table to deduct fifty points from Gryffindor after catching Ron Weasley chewing with his mouth open.

The Bloody Baron, Slytherin's ghost, was shaking his head at Harry and Draco. "These living humans, taking food for granted when it's been so long since I last got to eat," he grumbled to Tracey Davis, who looked uncomfortable being spoken to by a ghost.

"So, are all of us pure-bloods here?" Blaise asked.

"I'm a pure-blood," Draco proudly announced.

"So am I," said Pansy.

"Me too," Daphne added.

"I am too," said Blaise. "What about you, Potter?"

"Uh... What's a pure-blood?" Harry asked, embarrassed.

Pansy gasped. "Since you don't know, I'm guessing you're a mudblood."

"And what the hell is that?" Harry pressed on, getting irritated.

"Okay, basically," Draco began, rubbing Harry's back to console him. He explained the meaning of pure-blood, half-blood, and mudblood, all while rubbing Harry's back.

"Oh, then I'm a half-blood. Is that bad?" Harry said once Draco was done.

"Normally, I'd laugh at half-bloods," Draco replied, still rubbing Harry's back. "But for you, I'll make an exception."