21

Third Person POV:

5 Years Ago:

It was drizzling. Taehyung was sobbing on the road. He had called his Hyung to pick him up earlier. He was just waiting for the other to arrive and end his misery. He really wanted to be wrapped in his protective embrace after everything that happened today.

He only talked about all his secrets to his Hyung. Of course he would. He was like a father figure to him. A father he wished to have in his life.

"TAEHYUNG!!!WATCH OUT!!"

Taehyung glanced at his left and suddenly everything turned black.

Taehyung gasped for air and sat straight in the bed. He was now at his uncle's home. He had arrived a few hours earlier and after talking to him for a long time, he finally got to rest.

Widened eyes and ragged breath, Taehyung's eyes searched for something in the dark room. He whimpered as he looked around hastily.

"Jung--" Taehyung stopped as he heard who he was about to call. Pushing the hair that was blocking his vision somehow, out of the way, he took a deep breath and lied down on his bed.

It was out of instinct. Whenever he had a nightmare, he would turn to Jungkook. It didn't stop his terrors but he felt a little less scared.

Finally taking a hold of the situation, Taehyung shifted in his sheets and longed for his touch, his soothing voice, his warm embrace and his big doe eyes.

Did Taehyung regret leaving him? No. He knows it will take a lot of time to get over their memories but he believed it was for the better.

Taehyung couldn't have stayed there any longer. Not after what happened back in Daegu. At first he didn't want to leave his homeland. It was where he spent all of his life. He just couldn't leave all of that behind but it got out of hand.

Taehyung knew he would have done something to himself if he stayed there any longer. He couldn't live with the guilt and the events he tried hard to forget but were being reminded to him constantly.

To others, it may seem a rash decision , taken in the heat of moment but he had been contemplating this for a long time.

Each time Jackson bullied him he wanted to run away but was a coward to do so.

Now that he finally got the chance, he didn't let it go waste. Although he will miss his friends, his granny, his school, Jungkook, he thinks it will all be worth it. At the end of the day, he should only care for himself. right?

Many might think he's being selfish but being selfish is not selfish, it is essential. He needs to be selfish in order to go through the day. In order to live through these fierce steps.