Chapter 91

The prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput was sitting on the cot while royal maids surrounded him. Upon the orders of the royal physician, the prince was given a sponge bath with a strong decoction of herbs. He glanced at his naked torso and realized he had lost weight. His muscular body had turned pale and he was clearly out of shape. His tanned skin had lost its lustre and he could see the fine whitish lines on his skin indicating the weakness and lack of water in his body.

Tears pricked in his eyes as he realized he had lost five important months of his life because of his injury. He was concerned about his beloved, Aparajita. He wondered if she was fine or not. He had strong urge to see the mighty queen of Vijaygarh in her authoritative aura and enthusiasm. The royal maids helped the prince to dress up and he was feeling fresh after getting cleaned up. He took a deep breath and inhaled the scent of herbs from his body having a rejuvenating experience.

One of the royal maids brought the breakfast for him and began to feed him. Instead of eating the morsel of the healthy porridge he was offered, he sniffled and turned his face away. He was utterly devastated at his decrepitude. The man who once rode on the horse freely was today, sitting helplessly on the bed without being able to move a finger of his.

One of the royal guards announced the arrival of the mighty queen, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore and Veerbhadra was elated. A smile crept on his lips as he got to excited to see his beloved. His breath hitched as he wondered if she was angry or disappointed on him. He wished to apologize but as his luck would have it, he had lost his ability to speak.

The royal maid greeted the queen while the prince was astonished to see the gorgeous queen. Clad in a turquoise blue blouse and a matching skirt embellished with regal stones, she was truly looking like a celestial goddess. Her chocolate brown eyes had myriads of emotions. The prince leered on the queen and got drunk in her beauty. He did not if he would see her again after all, he had expected to get thrown out from the palace after recovery but a part of his heart was overjoyed to see his queen all healthy and fine.

“Privacy”, the queen demanded and the royal maid left the bed chambers after bowing down in respect and Veerbhadra realized he was staying at the royal palace of Vijaygarh since last five months. He smiled gleefully looking at the queen whose beautiful chocolate brown eyes had turned glossy.

Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore was overjoyed to see the prince sitting upright. Though he was pale and weak yet his aura gave her hopes that he would be fine really soon. Mentally praying for his recovery, she could not stop the traitorous tears which brimmed in her eyes as she saw the hazel green eyes of her friend filled with tears.

“Veer”, her voice quavered as she walked towards the prince and sat on the bed just beside him glancing at the untouched meal kept on one of the bedside stools. Veerbhadra was overjoyed to hear her mesmerizing voice calling him lovingly. Perhaps, all his deeds were forgiven which made him drowned in guilt and he could help but weep.

Aparajita’s heart pained looking Veer cry. The little girl inside Aparajita wanted to hug Veer and console him while the queen realized she needed to have a conversation with him before such an intimate gesture. Aparajita was indeed, empathetic about Veer’s feelings after all, he had sacrificed his life for her victory. She could understand the pain of a valiant royal prince who was bedridden due to paralysis at the young age of twenty five. She could fathom his tears and she appreciated the trust he had on her after all, it was not easy for a Rajput prince to let his guards down and display his emotions.

Not knowing what to do, Aparajita muttered, “Don’t cry, Veer”, trying to be strong while her voice shivered all the while.

“You are a Rajput, Veer. You are bound to be strong. This is just a challenge, Veer. It is a phase and trust me, just keep your hopes high and you will pass through.” Aparajita advised him and he sniffled. He admired her affection towards himself and wondered how someone could have such a big heart.

Aparajita offered him water to drink and Veerbhadra could not reject her advances. He gulped down some water and pondered why he had to ruin everything at the first place in the name of revenge. He felt like a sinner when he remembered his incorrigible plans to defeat Aparajita and he could not help but thank Lord Shiva for giving him his share of punishments after all, he deserved every bit of his sufferings, he deduced.

Aparajita smiled looking at him while he was drowned in his thoughts. She picked up the breakfast tray and brought a morsel of porridge for Veerbhadra to eat. Smitten in her innate beauty, he gulped the food from her hand. Aparajita began to feed the prince and the little girl inside the queen could not help but romanticize the situation. Despite the tension in the atmosphere, the queen’s breath hitched and her chubby cheeks turned crimson as Veerbhadra’s lips touched her fingers.

Veerbhadra was overjoyed to see the crimson hue on her cheeks and a coy smile on her pink, plump lips. He had a sudden urge to cup her face and apologize for his deeds but he was helplessly stuck on the bed without any movement in his limbs.
“You need to eat and exercise. We want you to see you healthy really soon, Veer.” Aparajita motivated him while she resolved to leave no stone unturned in order to make the prince walk.
Veerbhadra nodded and smiled. The adrenaline in his body pumped up and he decided to pressurize his body to recover quickly after all, he had to seek atonement for his incorrigible deeds.

“Veer, Uday Singh Chauhan had informed me that your parents are coming to meet you soon. They were devastated to know about your state. You need to get well for them.” Aparajita spoke as she fed him up the last morsel. The little girl inside Aparajita wanted to confess that she was also broken to know about his comatose condition and he needs to get well for her too, but the queen decided against it, after all, it was not the right time for everything.

“Why you had to play this stunt, Veer? All of us were devastated to see you lying here lifelessly. Why were you ready to sacrifice your life for the sake of my safety?” Aparajita broke down as she questioned him reminiscing the painful memories of the bloodbath in the battle. For a moment, she forgot that her questions would be unanswered.

Veerbhadra, on the other hand, urged to embrace Aparajita in his muscular arms and console her weeping self. He wanted to confess that he had fallen for her so hard that he wanted to redeem his mistakes and it did not matter to him if he survived or not. He tried to speak but as his luck would have it, words did not come out of his mouth.

♥️♥️♥️

Hi everyone

You know, I smiled and cried together in this chapter 💞

Please share your views regarding this chapter 😘😘😘😘

I will be back soon with some special moments of Uday and Nandini 😍

💕Till then, please VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE 💕

Take care 🥰

Love you all
💜