Chapter ten

The next day him and Louis were both called into Liam's office. He had no clue why they were being called into Liam's office though because they did really well on the mission. Both of them did amazing on the mission. They got the information they needed to complete the mission. One person did die, but Sergei deserved it, he latterly held a gun to his head.

He arrived at Liam's office and Louis was already sitting in one of the chairs in front of Liam, with his head hung low. Louis looked like he had already been yelled at by Liam. Louis didn't do anything wrong though.

"Ah Harry come sit down" Liam said gesturing to the chair.

"Do you know why I called you two into my office today" Liam asked.

They both shook their heads. Louis still had his eyes on the floor and looked like he was holding his breath.

"I am proud of you both" Liam said.

"You called us in here to tell us that your proud of us" he said skeptically.

"Yes of course Harry, what did you think I was going to say" Liam asked.

"I thought you were going to yell at us for something. I mean look at Louis, he looks like he has just been yelled at" he said.

"Louis just hates talking in my office. I am proud of you guys. Would I have liked for no one to have died, but it was a successful mission none the less" Liam said.

"Sergei held a gun to Harry's head, I had to do something" Louis defended.

"You took it too far; we could have turned him into the police" Liam said.

"Then he would escape and kill Harry, I did the right thing" Louting is defended.

"What do you think Hays would have said to what you did" Liam asked.

"I don't care, Hays is dead. His opinion doesn't matter to me anymore. I did the right thing. I saved Harry, that's all that matters" Louis defended get angrier.

"Let's not argue now" Liam said.

Louis huffed and leaned back in his seat casually.

"I wanted to tell you both that because you both did so well on this mission, you will be going on another. This will be an intelligence mission, so you won't get close to the targets. That means no shooting people 28. You both will be in a flat across from the target's housing complex. You will be listening to them, trying to find out who is the leader of the drug ring is. You both will be playing a couple. Harry your cover is Marcel Davis. 28 your cover is Evan Meyers. You both will leave tomorrow at 10 am and pretend to be moving into your flat" Liam explained.

"So, what clothes will we wear for the mission" he asked.

"Niall will pull some clothes for each of you to wear for the mission" Liam explained.

Louis just sat back in his seat and nodded.

"Thank you that will be all boys, have a good rest of your day" Liam said dismissing them.

The boys both got up and left the room together. Louis started heading down the hallway going back to his bedroom, but he stopped him from going further.

"Do you want to hang out today" he asked.

"You want to hang out with me" Louis asked confused.

"Yeah, wouldn't I" he asked.

"Usually no one wants to spend time with me" Louis said.

"Well, I do" he said smiling.

"Then um come to my room I guess" Louis said.

He followed Louis to his room. Louis unlocked the door and turned on the lights for them. In the light he could see the large room more clearly. Louis went over and sat on the bed, so he did the same.

"I want to apologize for the way I acted the other night" Louis said.

"What do you mean" he asked.

"When you found me in the closet. I was acting emotional, and it shouldn't have happened, I know better" Louis said looking down.

"It's okay Lou. It's not a big deal" he said.

"Thank you, Harry" Louis said.

"Louis" he said.

"Yeah" Louis responded.

"Can you tell me who Hays is. He keeps coming up and all I know is he was the former director" he said.

Louis took a deep breath and sighed.

"Hays was an awful man. Hays and Liam took me in when I was nine years old. Liam wanted to raise me like a normal kid, but Hays wanted to train me so I could become an agent. Even though Liam thought it was wrong he let Hays train me. Hays manipulated me and tortured me into becoming the 'perfect agent' as he called it. He used my past to hurt me and get me to do what he wanted. Hays died five years ago on a mission with Liam. Then Liam became the director and started to fix the Underground. Hays was an awful terrible man" Louis said.

"Why does Liam keep bringing him up then" he asked.

"Because even though he has been dead for five years Hays is my blind spot. Liam knows that he can use what Hays did to me as leverage. Liam is so much nicer than Hays was, but he wants me to be the 'perfect agent' as well" Louis said.

"That's awful no one should be treated like that, especially not you Lou" he said.

"Everyone thinks I am an awful scary guy, but I'm not" Louis said looking down.

"I know you're not; I know you are a good person Louis" he said.

"Harry" Louis said.

"Yeah" he said.

"I'm glad you are my partner" Louis said.

"I'm glad you're my partner" he said hugging Louis tightly.

They stayed in bed the rest of the day watching tv and just spending time with one another. He learned that Louis loved Grease and knew every word to every song. He loved watching Louis as he did his impression of Danny Zuko. He was falling for Louis and he didn't even know how hard he was yet. Louis was like a breath of fresh air for him. He was different than anyone he had ever met. He hoped that Louis felt the spark that he felt whenever they were together. It was a spark of love and a spark of hope. A spark that made life have purpose, a spark that made everything make sense.

◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️

I hope you liked the chapter, thank you for reading the story so far.

Have a great day/ night

-xx Sophie🖤