xxxv : glimpse of nightmares

Chapter Thirtyfive:

"Sweet dreams or a beautiful nightmare?"

_________

Sunghoon's

That night,

I felt what the word scared is.

People know me for having a calm and composed demeanor, someone who will overcome everything through precise decision and calm thinking.

I can still remember how my mind went blank and i started panicking.

I started losing my mind seeing the chains on my wrists and ankles. I was cuffed on the bed, slightly sober after I had a small amount of nap when I collapsed out of nowhere.

I have high tolerance of alcohol... Three bottles of soju can never knock me out.

Is it the drug they are talking about?

Fvck.

"Seems like you're awake."
I glared at her, watching her walk inside the room with a glass of wine and a cigarette on her hands. I started thinking why and how.

How did she became like this?

"let me go...please."
I begged, looking away from her. She glared at me, smiling sarcastically before walking towards the bed.

"What do you mean by letting you go, Hoon?"

She pulled the cold chains on my neck making me raise my head and look at her. Our eyes met, faces only a few inches apart.

I can smell strawberries and cigarettes with a hint of alcohol from her breath. I gazed at her, dazed.

"This is so not you, Byeol..."
I whispered with a pleading tone, trying my best to appeal to her. She just smiled at me before pushing me down, laughing.

"You changed me, Sunghoon. Your love changed me."

Why did it became like this? I never wanted her to be like this....

"You're out of your mind."

"You're the only one inside my mind."
She walked towards the study table, taking the bottle of wine and sitting on the chair while looking at me intently.

"Why are you doing this...?"
I can't help it but to ask. She bitterly chuckled.

"I never suspected you... Never ever. I thought you will take my side... Because.. Because you loved me. And because you are innocent so i trusted you! Why can't you just trust me too, Hoon?"
She said, tears started to flow on her eyes. She was already drunk.

"You know how powerful everyone is, do you want to die like her, Byeol?"
She glared at me, seems like i just offended her.

She walked back towards the bed where i was chained and slapped me.

*slap!*