CHAPTER-42

"Why do you look so off?",Stefan asks as he entered through the door.

"I have been under a lot of stress lately and I'm not sure if I can take any of it anymore. I'm so worried",I say looking out of the window being sat on the windowsill.Stefan places himself opposite to me on the windowsill and spreads his legs so that our toes touch slightly.This simple gesture of his was like a good stress buster that I badly needed.He kept fidgeting his toes on mine which was driving me crazy.

"What is it?Is it your mom or may be work?"

"It's work.Radhika wants me to takeover the network and I don't feel that I'm good enough to do it.I have been working for like eight months right after my graduation and there are far more experienced people than me and I'm sure they are not gonna accept me as their boss because I'm not even half their age",I said my gaze still fixated out of the window.

"Why is she forcing you when you are not ready?"

"I don't know.She says that she is tierd and I don't know why on earth she thinks I'm the only one capable to takeover?",I shouted in frustration fisting my palms.

""Hey,don't do that",Stefan bends closer and loosens my fist.
"Listen",he cleared his throat and began"If she thinks you are capable then that means you are good enough.I have known Radhika for years and I can say she is a woman with insight quite unlike the stupid journalists I come across.I see how passionate you are and you are quite an inspiration...you might not know but you are.Violet is getting to learn a lot from you and age is just a number.Look at me,I might sound a little proud but yes I achieved something that the greatest musicians by which I mean some of the oldest and experienced  have achieved at a mere age of 17.I repeat age is just a number it has got nothing to do with experience and if you are good at it,it means you are good enough no matter how old you are."

"Yah . I know I'm good enough but taking over is...I mean it is the biggest network of our country and it has set it's foot NYC and it is gonna expand further. That's too much responsibility. Plus I'm just 23,I wanna live my life, I wanna be with you, I wanna achieve everything gradually but not all at once",I said .

"Okay having a lot of responsibilities doesn't mean you don't get to enjoy your life. You can always go figure out but I don't want my words to manipulate your clear mind and it's your decision to make. Just think what you can and decide and know that you'll be having my back always and I'll trust you and will not question any of your decisions. I promise. I mean just not this but generally I'll be there for you", he said looking into my eyes and words can't describe how honest he sounded or looked and those sweet humble words boosted up my confidence out of nowhere.I felt like no one on this earth can stop me from achieving anything as long as I have this guy with tatoos and a great voice by my side.I shifted myself from my former place and sat on his lap.I hugged him first and then kissed him with passion on his lips.
"Thanks baby",I whispered in his ears.

He kissed me back again and shook his head slightly telling that he accepted my gratitude.

"You know what, I'm gonna take you somewhere",he said breaking the kiss.

"Where?"

"To a secret location.We can come back in 2 hours",he said with a sparkle of hope in his eyes.

"Okay. I'll get ready in 15 minutes",I said getting up from my place.

"You look fine and nobody is gonna watch us over there.It's gonna be just us.Let's start now."

I had no idea where he was going to take me. I'm sure it's gonna be fun. Now we were in some desolated dark road in the middle of nowhere and I think this path lead into the woods.

"We are heading into the woods Stefan.Are you sure this is where you were gonna take me?",I asked and now I was anxious succumbed to eeriness of that place.

"Yeah.I know where we are going.Don't worry.We will be there in 15 minutes but we gotta walk from here.I can't take the car into the woods",he said stoping his car.

I don't know if we were even safe in this place.This place is giving me creepy vibes and not to mention,I have nerver been on such adventures.

"We are gonna be fine.I can see your face and I know this place scared the shit out of you.Don't worry",he said.

"I don't know",I said and held his hand and pulled him closer.

"Okay we need to climb this cliff now.Let's just do it and I promise that you won't regret it."

That cliff was not to high thankfully and it took some 20 minutes to climb.I can't believe that both of us are climbing a cliff,in pitch dark in the middle of woods.

"Okay we are almost here and now close your eyes",he covered my eyes."Now lift your head up."

"Wow",I said as soon as I opened my eyes.

The sky.It looked gorgeous.The stars were so crowded and it the sky literally looked like a large piece of blue cloth with glitters all over it.I have never seen a sky so full of stars.I felt really close to the sky and when I looked it the other direction,I saw a full moon and then Stefan asked me to look down.There was a lake beneath the cliff and I could see the reflection of twinkling stars and the moon in it.Wow.

"It's worth the climb",I say.

"When we get back to city,you would only spot a few stars and not all of them.", he says as he sits on the ground."Come sit."

"This is so pretty. I wanna stay here with you forever",I say as Stefan places his head on my lap and was practically laid in the dirt.

"Yeah",he said and pulled my hand.He was buckling a bracelet around my wrist.

I'll be there for you.

These words were carved on the bracelet.

"That's for you and that's my promise and this is why brought here",he said looking into my eyes.

I leaned my head downward to kiss him on his forehead.

"That's my promise too",I said.

There was silence. I took my time to admire the beauty of this place. The starlit sky, the moon, the lake, the reflection, us and the promise we made to each other, it felt so real and it was real indeed.

"How did you find this place anyway?",I ask him breaking the silence.

"I explored it with a friend when I was younger. Her name is Alice", he said.

"Why did you bring me here aside from the fact this place is beautiful?",I asked thinking this place would mean something to him and he could have just gifted me that bracelet in our cozy room.

"It's just the night sky", he said and kissed my hand.

My phone chimed and it was Radhika calling.

My eyes welled up within seconds, my face turned pale and hands shivered.

"Can we go back home? Please",I said as I wiped the tears trickling down.

"What's wrong Kritika?'

"It was Radhika. My mom tested positive and is in the hospital. She is not well and I feel sick because I'm stuck here and there are no international flights",I said as we sprinted down the cliff.

"Hey. Stop crying and your mom is gonna be fine. If you wanna get back there,I can figure something out",he said.

"Seriously?How?I don't wanna break rules",I said.

"We are not breaking rules.You can take my private jet and if you want you can start immediately. I'll inform my guys and they will take care of everything",he said.

"Please Stefan,I can't stay here any longer.I need to go see my mom."

"You will."