Chapter 23

Francis stood in front of the dark brown door with mixed emotions. His hands hovered over the door bell and for a moment, he contemplated if he did the right thing by coming here.

To be honest, Francis really didn't want to be here but he felt that Andrew was right. He had to talk to Amelia and get rid of the guilt and unease he felt whenever he looks at her.

After silently praying not to encounter her parents, he took a deep breath and press on the door bell.

The loud ding sound cause his heart to beat faster.

This was it. There was no going back.

The door suddenly pull open and Francis felt his heart stop when he saw Amelia standing before him looking shocked. He wasn't surprise at her expression after all he already told Andrew he won't he coming.

Francis couldn't help but stare at Amelia in awe. She was dressed in simple t shirt and short shorts that showed off her long legs. Her mid night black hair fell freely down her shoulder making her look more beautiful. Sometimes Francis finds it hard to believe that this Amelia was the same nerd he tortured two years ago. She was so different.

"Um_ hi" her nervous voice broke him out of his thought.

He immediately averted his eyes from her lovely face and stared at the ground. He didn't have any right to look at her this way when he was the one who made sure to remind her of how ugly she was in the past. Which was untrue. He just wanted to make her feel bad about herself.

Thinking back to what he did to Amelia made his fist clench. He didn't deserve her forgiveness.

Andrew had called him here so he could bond with her and maybe they might become friends but how was he even going to start talking and smiling at her knowing he was taking advantage of her memory loss

But Andrew wanted him to do it. They already lied to her so maybe it wouldn't be that hard to start a friendship with her.

"F_Francis, are you okay?" Only when he heard her voice did he realize he hasn't answered her.

He suddenly felt embarrassed "I'm fine" a short pause followed before he spoke up again "um_ Andrew invited me over, is he in?"

Her eyes held a little discomfort but her lips gave him a warm smile "yes he's in. Please come in"

She pulled the door wider to welcome him in. Francis felt so weird. This is probably the longest conversation they had ever since Amelia returned from Paris and it was so formal.

Francis wasn't used to this at all. He never thought a day like this would come where he and the nerd he once bullied would be in this sort of civil situation.

The voices coming from the sitting room as Amelia lead Francis in were clear indication that the others have already arrived.

On seeing Francis, Andrew grinned and approach his friend "good you came man. I almost thought you really meant it when you said you didn't want to"

"I didn't want to be home alone" he answered honestly. His parents had long gone to england. It was something that usually happens but Francis couldn't get use to the loneliness. Not after being friends with Andrew.

Andrew lead him to the couch where they crowded around the television.

Quinn greeted him cheerfully but Dave gave him nothing but a glare despite Amelia's scolding look.

Francis sighed. Although they were high chances that Amelia would forgive him, he wasn't so sure about Dave. Not only did he make Amelia's life miserable but Dave as well and a few others but after what happen to Amelia, he had decided to change and amend all his past actions by apologizing to those who he had wronged him.