chapter fifty-one

May 27th - Great Hall

For the past week, Brekker was roaming around the school with a pumpkin instead of a head, and no one, including Dumbeldore, could seem to get rid of it.

There was no question amongst both staff and students which group was responsible, but given the fact that Nephera had altered the boy's memories, they could not be placed into detention.

So, during that dinner, James, Peter, Tony, Remus, Ellie, Alice, Lily, and Marlene were all sitting at the Gryffindor table, marvelling at the sight that was Brekker trying to shove food through the pumpkins' jagged mouth.

"Merlin that's brilliant," sighed Lily "Although to be frank, I expected Winchester to come up with something a lot more... painful,"

Ellie shook her head "She felt that the public embarrassment was punishment enough,"

"Where are Neph and Sirius anyways?" asked Peter, sneakily dropping some firewhiskey into the cup in front of him

"Sirius is in detention, he got into another row with Avery," explained James "Nephera's getting him out of it,"

"So knowing Winchester's way with words, they should be here in ten minutes, at most," snorted Marlene "What's up with them anyway?"

The marauders, the Hufflepuff, and the Ravenclaw sneaked looks between them. They all knew that the pair harbored feelings for each other, they doubted if they had ever been just friends in the first place, even though both Sirius and Nephera seemed adamant about denying it.

"Nothing's going on, why?" asked the werewolf, feigning ignorance

"We're not idiots, Remus," said Alice "They like each other, the question is, what are you doing about it?"

Once again, the group of five looked at each other. Both Sirius and Nephera were private people, especially on the topic of relationships, since neither one of them had actually been in any meaningful ones, and so they didn't want to say much to the group. The Hufflepuff, in particular, who was the only one that Nephera had confessed to about her feelings for Sirius, sharted shoving mashed potatoes into her mouth.

"Like each other?" asked James, slightly panicked "Of course they don't like each other, why would they- what's there to like?"

The Potter boy had never been known for his acting nor his lying skills, and the grins on the girls' faces were evidence enough that he had all but confirmed their suspicions.

"You utter idiot," grumbled Tony, hitting him over the head

Remus too shook his head, while Ellie glanced terrified at the entrance of the Hall, scared that Nephera would've heard them.

"Oh come on," said Lily "At least now we can help,"

"Help?" sputtered Peter "How are you supposed to help?"

Marlene shrugged, "We lock them in a room,"

They all snorted at the mental image of Nephera and Sirius being locked in a room. Knowing the pair of them, the Slytherin would probably see it coming from miles away, and even if she didn't, Sirius would find a way to break down the door.

"And what shall we write on your headstone when she kills you, Marls?" asked Ellie

"Fine," huffed Alice "Then we give them veritaserum,"

"Neph can resist it," commented Tony, almost bored

"Merlin," exclaimed Lily "Then we-"

Ellie interjected, "There's nothing we can do, this is Nephera Winchester and Sirius Black, emotionally constipated purebloods with a severe phobia of all things having to do with emotion,"