47 | choice

"That's the last time we go to that wack-ass place

"That's the last time we go to that wack-ass place."

Case laughs but he doesn't know I'm dead serious. I'm propped up on his bathroom counter, his hands making quick work at disinfecting and applying a bandaid to the cut I received while we were having one of our dates at this trampoline place that was just built.

It wasn't much of a cut, more so a removal of a patch of skin. I made the mistake of putting on hand sanitizer, just to accidently swipe my hand against the wound on my knee.

Never been so stressed in my life.

"Ana, it's not that bad." He says and I arch a brow.

"Okay, get me a piece of carpet — let me go burn off a patch of skin."

He shuts me up by kissing me and all I can do is roll my eyes and watch as he leans down to kiss my now covered injury.

"See? Good as new." He smirks, "Now all you gotta worry about is your entire body being in pain because that's your first workout in like four months."

"Five." I correct, earning an amused eye roll from him.

"Yeah, you're not about to get outta bed for a couple of days." He rises to situate himself between my legs and cradle my cheeks in his hands, "I love you, Eliana Oakley." This is a new thing — he hasn't gone a morning, afternoon or evening without telling that he loves me. And everytime he does it, I can feel him tug at my heartstrings.

It just means something different to me. It shows that he doesn't want me to go through the day without knowing this fact — and it really does make me feel better everytime.

"I love you more, Casen Walker."

I take his face into my hands and kiss him deeply, our tongues intertwining as my arms shift to wrap around his neck.

"I'm serious though," I mumble against his lips, "Never again are we going there." Case throws his head back in laughter and shakes his head.

"We going back, Ana."

I pout, "I hope you bump your pinky toe against the counter and then brush your teeth and drink orange juice."

"Quick question," Sky pops her head into my room. I glance up from my sketchbook to see her hair and body pulled into towels as she just got out of the shower. I hum for her to continue. "What would you do if I told you I was pregnant?"

My eyes widen and the next thing I know, I'm jumping off my bed to rush toward her to take her hand into mine, "You're pregnant?"

Her brows furrow and she reels back, "What? No — I just wanna know what you would do if I was."

I tilt my head and search her eyes. This girl is fricking ridiculous. How dare she scare me like that? "I oughta beat your ass. Don't play with me like that — shit!"

She rolls her eyes and leans against the door jamb, "Just answer the question, okay? Please don't play with me right now." The Nicki Minaj reference makes me twist my mouth at her in annoyance.

"Get out my room." I shrug her off and turn back to my bed, "You piss me off." As serious as I tried to be, I couldn't help the amused snort that I let out. "Go ask Cass."

"Oh, she said she would be the godmother." Sky tells me before walking away. My brows furrow as I sit up.

"Um!" I yell out, "No the hell she's not!"

It's too early for this.

For one, I've been in Florence's office since five in the morning in order to plan for the Milan trip that is just two and a half months away.

Two — Sky and Cass have been getting on my nerves about getting a dress for the draft which is — checks watch — a week away. Of course, I'm excited to go but the closer the date inches, the more I want to curl up into a ball and cry.

It seems that everytime I've gone out in public public with Case, I've been getting dogged on about one thing or another.

I know he's said his piece and gotten the vultures to back off, but you never know what will happen in the span of one night.

And then with Sky asking me that weird question two days ago, I don't even know what to think.

It hit midday by the time I took a break to eat, but I just went right back to work, marking down invitations and seating charts for the many celebrities that are attending in support of Flo.

My designs are pushed to the side for when the models come by later and we can do fittings. Flo is speaking with the event coordinators as she informs them what flowers she wants as centerpieces for the after party and other things that I zoned out of.

We've been seated in the same room for the better part of eight hours, soft contemporary music playing from her built in speakers.

Florence glances up at me with an arched brow, "So I have something to ask of you with regards to Milan." I say nothing, instead waiting for her to rise from her seat and circle the desk to lean back against it, "You've worked for me for over two years, Eliana. I've seen your designs, I've seen how hard you've worked both in the building and on the runway..."

My brows furrow. What is she getting at?

"My branch in Milan... the overseer of operations recently left the company, and I think you're a magnificent choice."

I'm frozen. Did I hear her right? Just to clarify, with an agape jaw, I ask, "Magnificent choice for what?"

The smile that grows on her face tells me everything I need to know, "Eliana, I want you to oversee operations in Milan."

thinking about how, at this point, i don't even study anymore - just think of ways to cheat

okay, now we're really really in the home stretch but this was more of a filler because i didn't update yesterday and i had a very small block

no, like the more i reread this, it's so all over the place but that's life lmfaoaoaoaoa - all over the place