{7} Hushed

{Aspen's POV}

When I get back to my room I collapse on my cloud and get lost in thought. It's hard to believe how much my life has changed in the past 3 days. I don't know how to behave around my brothers. They seem much different from stepfather and they haven't hurt me yet so I suppose that's a plus. They all have different attitudes towards me that confuse the crap out of me. 

Kohen seems to be nice, we already have nicknames for each other which is major progress in the bonding process. One thing that worries me is his drinking. I'm not sure if what happened last night is a common occurrence but I do know that alcohol can bring out the worst in people. I don't quite trust him so I cant get too comfortable with him.

Jasper worries me. We've had the least interactions and the only ones we have had are seemingly negative. He snitched on me about the gun which I cant help but feel some resentment towards him for. Another thing that worries me is how he knew I had it. Was he watching me or was he snooping in my room? All in all I don't trust Jasper and his coldness frightens me a bit.

Sorin is the biggest question mark for me. He was the coldest to me at first but he seems to be getting better. When we were eating the cookies I felt comfortable around him, safe even. I still don't know him or trust him. He's strong enough to break any of my bones with a pinch, so I cant let my guard down.

Ambrose has been the nicest to me. I haven't seen a bad side to him yet but that doesn't mean it's not there. It almost seems as though he actually cares for me. Almost. I'm not sure if it's all an act but I need to be careful just in case. Out of all my brothers I think I could get along with him the best.

Caspian terrifies me. Simple as that. He is so cold and distant. I've never seen any emotion on him and I have never met anyone so intimidating. I don't know how to act around him. He seems like more of a boss than a brother, granted he is the boss of the family business, whatever that is.

I have so many questions plaguing my mind including the feelings of guilt I've been trying my hardest to suppress. What is this family business they have? Why would mother take me from them? Why are they so casual around guns? Why do they have so many guards? Where is my father? I wish I could ask all these questions and more but my brothers seem to have one motto, deflect.

I didn't realize I had fallen asleep until I wake up the next morning to an intense pain in my leg. I sit up in bed and allow my eyes to adjust to the sunlight beaming through my windows. I carefully take my pants off and slowly rip off the bandages. I hiss in pain and hold back the tears developing in my eyes. I look at the cut and I'm greeted with what I can only assume is a nasty looking infection. The cut is swollen and deeply red and there is some liquid oozing out. What the frick is anti infection cream for if not to PREVENT infection?

I weakly hobble over to my bathroom and close the door behind me. I grab the first aid kit and rummage through it looking for the cream I used. When I finally find it, I inspect the label carefully and realize it's not anti infection cream, it's calamine lotion. My stupid ass didn't even read the label before using it. I let out a scream of frustration and throw the calamine lotion across the bathroom. How could I be so careless? Now this cut is going to take so much longer to heal, if it even does. I'm suddenly interrupted by a knock at the door.

"Aspen, It's Ambrose. Is everything alright in there?"

Crap Crap Crap he heard me!