Reagan Tokes

Reagan Delaney Tokes was born on 13th March, 1995, in Edgewood, Kentucky, United States, to parents Toby Tokes and Lisa McCrary-Tokes. She was raised in Maumee, Ohio in Monclova Township and graduated from Anthony Wayne High School where she had a 4.5GPA and played on the varsity lacrosse and tennis teams. The year she began college, her parents and younger sister Makenzie moved to Florida. Reagan stayed in Ohio and began attending The Ohio State University, where she had wanted to go since she was a child. She originally majored in pre-med but changed her major to psychology. She planned on graduating in May 2017 and moving to Cleveland where she hoped to work at the Cleveland Clinic. Reagan also planned to attend graduate school, get another degree in psychology or psychiatry, and open up her own psychology practice. Days before being murdered she posted on social media about picking out a frame for her diploma. Reagan worked at Bodega, a restaurant and bar in Columbus's Short North neighbourhood. 

On the evening of 8th February, 2017, Reagan went to work at Bodega in downtown Columbus, Ohio. Brian Glosby spent the evening roaming Columbus looking for a victim. GPS data shows that he walked around OSU's campus and to North High Street. At North High Street, he got on a COTA bus and traveled to the downtown. He then spent about an hour walking around in circles near Bodega. 

At about 9:45pm Reagan left Bodega and walked to her car. She ran into Brian who forced her into her car at gunpoint and abducted her. During his interrogation, Brian said he told Reagan that all he wanted was money and that everything would be alright. Brian forced Reagan to drive him to 2 ATM's to withdraw money, but the transactions were declined. They stopped at the first ATM, a Chase Bank one, at 10:02, and tried to withdraw $500. The second ATM they stopped at was a Huntington Bank one at 10:14. 

At 10:18 Reagan and Brian stopped in an alley and stayed there for 12 minutes. This is where Brian is believed to have raped Reagan. A rape kit performed on Reagan's body would later show that Brian raped her vaginally and anally. After the rape, Brian made Reagan drive back to the first ATM and forced her to withdraw $60. Reagan and Brian also stopped at 2 gas stations, a Sunoco station at 11:12 and a Turkey Hill station at 11:41. 

Brian decided to murder Reagan to prevent her from reporting the crimes he had committed against her. In his interrogation, he admitted that she begged for her life, telling him "all I want to do is live." Prosecutors believe that Reagan complied with her kidnapper's commands in order to survive. Brian made her drive to the Scioto Grove Metro Park. There, he had her park the car and take off all her clothing and her shoes. He then marched Reagan into a field and shot her twice in the head. She was shot once in the back of her head and once through the left side of her face. Brian shot her at close range, killing her execution style. 

After murdering Reagan, Brian took her silver Acura to his girlfriend's home. Brian and his girlfriend went to McDonald's together at 1:45am and he gave her Reagan's black Kate Spade purse and white wallet as a gift. He later disposed of the gun and shell casings in a sewer and unsuccessfully tried to set Reagan's car on fire to destroy evidence. 

Before being kidnapped, while Reagan was at Bodega, she texted her father saying that she would call him after she left work. When Reagan didn't call, her parents became worried. They spent the night trying to call and text her on her phone but she did not answer. At around 2:00am Reagan's phone went dead. On 9th February, her parents learned that she had not attended her classes. A missing persons report was filed and news of her disappearance was spread via social media. 

The day after Reagan's murder, a park-goer discovered her naked body and called the police. A tattoo and a necklace helped detectives find out who the body belonged to. Reagan's body was later officially identified by her uncle who lived nearby. A forensic pathologist later testified at trial that two bullets were recovered from Reagan's head during an autopsy. The pathologist also said that one of the gunshot wounds Reagan suffered was fired at close range, which is supported by another forensic pathologist's testimony that her DNA was inside the barrel of the gun.