Almost The Whole Truth

The week passed and there was no sign of Jungkook, it was so odd.

Would he just leave again without a word?

Would he only come by to demand for money and then disappear? I tried to keep my thoughts away from it as much as possible. I had seen Taehyung only once this week as he was also super busy with work. I thought about telling him but I guess I wasn't too eager to tell him about my troubled brother, mainly because Jungkook hadn't been a huge part of my life in recent years.

Hardly any part.

We spoke sometimes over the phone but that was rare. and apparently whenever I saw him he came to me for money.

It was near closing time and there were no customers, when the door opened.

      'Good evening' I said while already cleaning the bar a little.

       'Cleaning already?' 

I recognized Jungkook's pompous voice

    'What are you doing here?' I asked while looking up.

     'I missed my dear sister' he answered sarcastically while leaning on the bar.

      'Do you want a beer?' I asked

       'it will be on the house' I added

       'oh how generous, as I recall this was partly "my house"'

Then he shook his head

        'I don't want a drink, I want the money.'

I sighed deeply 'Jungkook I stand by what I told you Sunday. I won't lend you the money.'

In contrast to his wishes I did put a beer in front of him. He didn't touch it though.

      'Just give me the damn money y/n' Jungkook hissed.

        'They left this bar to the both of us yet I have never seen any money out of it.'

        'You didn't want any part in this bar, but now you want to receive some sort of payment?' I exclaimed in frustration.

      'Did you even visit dad yet?' I asked 'you know how badly he wishes to see you'

Jungkook rolled his eyes

        'I don't want to see him.'

        'Why? Are you still blaming him for what happened? aren't you too old for that shit now? An animal ran on the road, his instinct was to get out of the way and it went badly.'

Jungkook balled his hands into fists

         'yes he should have just hit it and then we would still have mom here.'

          'You don't even know that!, it could also have gone bad and killed both of them.' I raised my voice

        'You really need to grow the fuck up or get the fuck out' I added in anger.

It was the first time I actually put it to him so harshly, in the beginning I tried to be understanding and comforting but it has been 8 years now and surely after this time but also growing up he must see that father is not to blame.

He harshly grabbed my wrist

        'so, sis it seems you have gained some confidence, but you were always daddys little girl were you not? always the perfect. little. daughter.'

       'HEY LET GO OF HER' suddenly Taehyung's voice emerged from behind us as he just walked through the door.

Out of surprise Jungkook let go of my wrist. Taehyung stormed towards us, his body in a sort of ready to fight mode. 

      'Who are you?' Jungkook asked, looking at Taehyung.

       'I am Taehyung, her boyfriend, so you'd better not lay a hand on her again.'

Jungkook chuckled and turned his gaze to me.

        'so you say you don't have money yet you found yourself a rich guy to pay for dads healthcare bills?'

        'shut up Jungkook' I spat out.

       'What?' Taehyung asked perplexed.

       'Oh she hasn't told you about dear old dad?'

Taehyung stared at me with this dazed look 'you said he moved away after the accident?'

I saw the betrayal in his eyes and I couldn't blame him either. Almost 6 months of dating and whenever he brought up my dad I thought of some excuse to why it was a bad timing and we can visit him together another time. 

Now Jungkook chuckled but almost in an evil way

      'Moved away? no, he lives here in Seoul. Not by himself though, he can't really do anything by himself. but that's why y/n is paying for a fulltime nurse and she visits him weekly as the precious daughter she is. Even though she works two jobs and lives in a crappy apartment. Father comes first.'
      'Jungkook leave' I growled out.

Both boys faces turned to me, both visibly stunned by the tone I used. It was indeed seldom that I was this furious. I was actually trembling out of anger.

       'Fine, whatever sis.'

He made his way towards the door but before he left I shouted his name and he stopped his movements.

       'Mom wouldn't want this for you. You were always the apple of her eye, please don't waste your life like this.' I pleaded and without answer he opened the door and left.

Taehyung just stared at me while I tried to hold in my tears, shaken up by another unpleasant encounter with my little brother.

     'You have brother? why didn't you tell me' his voice was calm, with this hint of suppressed confusion and anger.

I appreciated the fact he didn't get angry, at this point that would push me over the edge for sure.

     'I am sorry Taehyung. I should have told you.'

      'and what about your dad?'

I sighed deeply and I started to explain everything, and this time almost the whole truth. About my parents accidents, how Jungkook took it very hard. How he used to be called the golden boy because he was good at everything but he stopped doing anything. He had forsaken his grades, his sports, just everything until he suddenly was gone; moved to Busan.

I told him about father and how I in the beginning took care of him myself and eventually he was moved to the nursing home but father felt so ashamed and a burden that he at some point tried to end his life.'

There was a component I left out, but for now that was something I was still not ready to share and hopefully it would never be necessary.

 Taehyung silently listened through the entire thing.

In the end he didn't say anything, but he put his arms around me and he hugged me tightly. His hand gently caressing the back of my head.

        'You're not angry?' I asked a bit worn out.

        'I am a little upset you kept this from me for so long yes but I don't want to add salt to injury right now'

I stepped back and gazed into his eyes. It took a minute before I was able to say something.

       'I love you'

It was frankly the only thing that I wanted to say. The fact he was here for me, the fact he thought about what would be best for me in this moment. Just everything. I knew I loved him but this was the moment I wanted to tell him that.

He shyly looked down but smiled, then he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tightly again.