chapter fifty-two

June 2nd - Great Hall 

Exams were halfway over, yet that face had done nothing to deter Lily and Tony, both of which had taken it upon themselves to force the rest of their less-than-studious friends to sit down and do some work. 

Sirius Black's loose panther incident was the only thing people could talk about, some students swearing they could still hear Filch's screams echoing around the corridors. 

At the moment, they were eating lunch after a long and tiring history of magic exam, or at least, most of them were. 

"How many lines did you write for question four?" asked a frantic Lily, sorting through her notes "Merlin, I could've written more, I'm sure of it," 

"About half a parchment length, but my letters are rather small," answered Tony, his eyes scanning over one of his books about the Goblin uprisings

The rest of the Gryffindors, the Slytherin and the Hufflepuff had learned to tune it out, knowing that by that point it was borderline dangerous to interrupt the duo. 

"Alright, on three, we silence them," whispered Marlene to Nephera

"Someone's going to have to immobilize them afterward, they'll be out for blood," replied the Slytherin 

"I can see why you're always the one to come up with the plans," Marlene then turned to Alice and Ellie "Once we silence them, you immobilize them, got it?" 

The pixie-haired witch and the Hufflepuff looked at them as though they were crazy, which they probably were. Once they got over their initial hostility with one another, it was proven that Marlene and Nephera were a less than favorable combination, Nephera's slight madness and megalomania complimented Marlene's complete lack of self-preservation rather well. 

"Lily, love," tried James "What did we talk about, concerning exams and going over them afterward?" 

The redhead and the Ravenclaw glared at him, "That whatever happened, happened, and we can't change it," she grumbled 

"Exactly!" exclaimed Sirius "Now, let's focus on what is really important, me," 

"Merlin," muttered Peter "Go on, Padfoot, what is it this time?" 

The raven-haired boy looked around, as though to make sure that no one was listening, "My hair's been slightly flat the past couple of days, I reckon someone's cursed him," 

The only response that sentence received was two bread rolls in the face, courtesy of Ellie, and a cup of water thrown over his head by Remus.

"No, no, I want to hear his logic on this," intervened Nephera "Go on," 

"Well, this morning, I woke up, right?" 

"Fascinating,"

"Shut up Moony. So I wake up this morning, and my hair was perfect, like it always is, right?" 

"Was he always like this, or is this a recent development?" asked Tony, and Peter just shrugged 

"But then, ten seconds later," continued the raven-haired boy, as though he hadn't heard them "It looked like this! I mean it's still great-"

"I am just going to go ahead and ignore that," interrupted Peter, shaking his head and recognizing that it was probably his fault for asking in the first place, "Three more exams to go, and Ellie, I'm going to need help with charms," 

The blonde perked up, and it wasn't hard for Nephera to notice the eagerness in her best friends' eyes, "Of course, Pete," she nodded, "Library after lunch?"