Chapter 4: What's wrong with you?

Xingqiu's pov:
    As the next few days went by I kept hanging out with Chongyun and Xiangling as usual, but I also tried to keep myself a bit distanced, I still needed to fully calm down and I didn't want to be a bother to Chongyun in any possible way when it came to that mysterious crush of his.
I was hoping that I can just get over him and that this is just gonna be a small crush, I've been friends with him for so long why would I lately just want more than that.
I tought it might be because I've never been in a relationship and my mind just starts to make up all sorts of things.

"Xingqiu can we talk? In private"
Xiangling asked and looked at Chongyun next to me who was surprised but didn't mind that she all the sudden had something impirtant to say that only I could hear.

"What could be so important for the food maniac this time?"
I asked with a very obvious mocking tone, she could barely take anything seriously so I didn't know what to expect.

Chongyun left and we were all alone now, she looked at me straight into the eyes and asked:
"What's wrong with you lately?"

(Cliffhanger~ haha jk keep reading lol)
---------------------------

"What in Tevyat are you talking about? There's nothing wrong-"
I replied trying to sound as convincing as possible, she can keep secrets but I don't want to trust anyone with this sensitive topic that even I didn't figure out yet.

"Don't lie to me you're distancing yourself lately, you keeo saying you're busy or you don't feel like going outside, yet I can always see you somewhere in Liyue all alone with a book curled up. So tell me what's wrong that you don't wanna be with us as much?"

"It's nothing really!- I'm just trying to solve a few questions in my head it has nothing to do with you guys-"

"Then why are you distancing yourself from Chongyun more than from me?."

"..."
That's when she caught me, I couldn't reply anything that wouldn't sound suspicious.

"And there goes your little defense, did you two fight or smth?"

"No it's not that..- It's- complicated-"

"Complicated you say?" She raised an eyebrow "Do you like him or does he like you? Cause I can't seem to think of any other reason, your father has no problems with us being your friend nor does your brother, you also didn't fight and you two always talk it out when the other feels down. So what could be so complicated that you won't even say it?"

No pov:
   Xingqiu has never heard Xiangling being so serious and so detailed before about things that didn't involve food. This time she truly felt something was wring and she was worried about her navy friend.

He took a deep breath and began
"Look Xiangling, I'd tell you if even I knew, I hadn't completely figured out what's wrong with me yet. I only know one thing but that's not enough at all-"

"I could try to help! I might not look like I can give good advice but at least I could be an emotional support y'know!"

He sighed and nodded his head in defeat
"Alright fine, I'll tell you"

And so he explained to the indigo haired girl how he felt about Chongyun and he told their conversation that happened a few days ago near the bookhouse. He gave all the details and basically poured all his heart's problems to his friend.

The girl shook her head
"This is way worse than I tought, so basically you like Chongyun and you don't know who he likes, and you don't even know if you could forget about him in that way"

"Correct."

"Well then lovesick boy, my advice is to try to completely cut him out of your thoughts, never think of him on purpose and see if you could forget about him, okay?"

"I'll try,"

"And also I think I know who he likes but with not enough info I don't wanna tell you just yet"

"That's unfair Xiangling! At least tell me your guess!"

"Nope sir u need theraphy from love problems right now"

"Ugh!"

She shushed the boy and escorted him out of the restaurant's cooking area, the skinny navy male then decided to head home and just clear his mind staying in his room.

------------------------

After a few hours he was laying in his bedsheets curled up in a blanket with some tea and a book.
He actually managed to not think about Chongyun at all.

But will he be able to let go of his newly grown feelings?...

And now end of the chapter for real hehehe yes I am writing short chapters sowwy but my great mind said let's write this at around friggin 11pm and post it right away!
Anyways have a nice day/night and I hope you liked this chapter! 💙❄