Chapter 11: Athletic Trainer in Training

Chase

Coach called an early meeting this morning. It's 6am. We normally have practice at 6:30.

I know what he wants to tell us. I'm the only one who knows because I got a text last night from a very beautiful natural blonde

Taylor 🤍: Guess who's your new athletic trainer in training!
Me: I don't know some freshman.
Taylor 🤍: Me you dumbass!
Me: I was kidding. Congrats!
Taylor 🤍: Thank you! I want to celebrate. Tomorrow me you and the gang.
Me: Sounds good. I'll inform the guys.
Taylor 🤍: Don't Coach will announce it tomorrow at practice!

We texted for a few more hours before we called it a night.

Every time Taylor smiles she makes me smile. I know it's not her true smile because she's hiding things. I wish she wasn't hiding things. I wish she trusted me to tell me but I'll be patient.

"What is Coach's issue?" Hayden says coming out of his room pissed off. A girl follows him. She's the knockoff version of Loren. Man this dude has a type.

"We play a good team tonight. We need the extra practice." Gabe says with a smile on his face. He's always an early riser.

Ethan hasn't made it out of his room yet. That man doesn't wake up to his alarm. He just doesn't.

"Ethan! Gracie is here!" Hayden yells from the kitchen.

In an instant Ethan comes out of his room. "Where is she?"

"Not here. Coach called an early practice. Get dressed." I tell him.

"I'm going to kill you!" Ethan says running down the stairs towards Hayden.

"You ready?" Gabe ask me

"Yeah let's leave these idiots here." I say and me and Gabe head for the door as Hayden runs from Ethan.

We get in my truck and leave the two idiots to settle their issues. Ethan has a truck. Hayden has a car. They'll get there.

"They're so gonna be late!" Gabe says laughing as well pull off our street and head towards the arena.

Once we arrive the whole team is here except for Ethan and Hayden. Even our other two roommates who are the freshmen on the team.

Melissa and Keith who are the team athletic trainers are standing next to coach. So I know this is about Taylor.

The question is where's Taylor?

"I told y'all to be here at 6:20. It's 6:21. Coach Morris right down the names of the ones who aren't here on time. They'll stay 30 minutes after."

Just then Hayden and Ethan walk in.

"Caperall! Reynolds! I don't work on your time, you work on mine. You're staying after." Coach says in a rude tone. Something wrong with him this morning. Coach is never pissed this early in the morning. Usually it's 10 minutes into practice.

"Taylor here" he look behind him at between Melissa and Keith. "Well is not here. Coach Morris write her name down she's staying late too." Just then Taylor walks in the door.

"There's Taylor. Taylor I don't except tardiness. So you'll be staying after. Now she's going to be helping Melissa and Keith. Mainly Keith because Melissa will be going on a honeymoon soon. The other athletic trainers in training are helping the football team because you know they're a bunch of sissies. So if you're injured have her or Keith check out."

"Oh she'll be checking me, alright." Ryder says under his breath but wasn't so under is breath. That got my blood boiling.

Taylor looks disgusted and pissed at the same time.

"I'm at work. So meet me in the parking lot after so I can give reasons on why your mother should've swallowed you." She says with so much disgust.

"Damn!" Half the team yells.

"Okay enough. I guess I haven't made myself clear Taylor his off limits. If any of you as much as touch her you'll answer to me or her father. Taylor's father has a pretty big role in the nba. If you need me clarify it for you, basically he tell all the nba teams to not pick you in the draft and I'll back him up. Got it?" He ask and we all nod.

We all head to the locker room to change.

"I'm still going to bang the blonde athletic trainer. I wonder what she looked like-"

Before he get the chance to finish that sentence I cut him off.

"You don't touch her! Got it? If I hear you laid a finger on her I will personally strangle you with my bear hands." He doesn't say anything. I'm fuming and half the team can see it so they all make there way out of the locker room.

"Damn man you got it worse than Ethan." Gabe says with a smirk on his face.

"Shut up."

"You don't even know if she likes you." Ethan states.

Everyone likes me in that way.

"Why her?" Hayden groans. "Can't you see that I hate her. Take one for the team man and leave her alone. I want to make it to the nba. She's literally Coach Carson child. Don't make this complicated for us. Plus she's annoying as fuck!"

"That's because nobody calls you out on your bs." Ethan tells him.

"What you don't want her around because you're scared she'll blow your secret?" Gabe asked Hayden.

"I like her. She's staying." I glare at Gabe who just said he like Taylor.

"Not in that way man. She's all yours. I think we should keep her around. Why would she blow your secret because then I'll tell hers." Thats got me curious and angry at the same time.

"You know her secret, she won't talk to me about? I'm been trying to get her to spill that for days. What is it?" I ask the curiosity bubbling within me.

"Nah I don't know the secret that made her closed off but I do know one that she'd want no one to know."

"What is it? I need to know incase she drunken spills my secret."

"Nah man. I can't tell you. Just know that if she ever spilt your secret. I got you. Me, Loren and Nicole got you. If your secret spills, I'll spill hers. And let me tell ya if I spill hers you won't be the talk of the town. You won't be the talk of the city or the state. You would be on the news, yes. But she would be all over the national news."

Now I'm curious about her secret. I want to know but I want her to tell me not me finding out by watching the news.

______

Not edited.

5/26/21
10:51pm