33. The Cusp of Insanity(I)

Warning: The contents of this chapter may cause you distress. If you do proceed, then do so with caution.

"Demon Dog":

.
.
.
.

Minhee had just about enough of these bullies ganging up on her and her brother every single day!

She was angry!

Her small body trembled with all the pent up rage a child could have. She growled as fiercely as she could.

Why can't they leave us alone! Hyung is worn out, running everyday, taking care of us even though he's tired and hungry! He doesn't complain about it and always tries to make us happy.

He's not smart like momma or big brother Yu and he's not even strong either but he's trying he's best! He's working hard!

-grrrrrrrrr! (So don't bully my hyung!)

"Minhee..." Lee Hyunjin muttered, his eyes trembled as he looked at the small Minhee who at this moment really resembled her mother. 

His gaze moved upwards, away from Minhee and towards the demon dogs, something felt wrong... in a weird sense.

Lee Hyunjin couldn't tell what it was, he just knew something was wrong somewhere... something inside him.

The demon dogs snickered. Lee Hyunjin could understand them the same way he could understand Min. They were ridiculing Minhee, making fun of how small she was as she tried to face them all.

Their actions made that strange feeling inside him grow stronger. His brows furrowed in discomfort and his voice seemed colder, it felt like it wasn't his own, "hey... get away from her," he said to the demon dogs.

They didn't heed his words at all and prowled closer. The closer they got the more the strange feeling grew and Lee Hyunjin felt as if a billion warning signs were going off in his head like alarms.
A sharp pain spread through his chest and his face contorted slightly, "get away from her!" He shouted much more fiercely as he clutched his chest.

Minjae and Minho who were in the trees were watching the situation, the two of them were about to jump down because they wouldn't leave their eldest and youngest alone when suddenly they saw something that made them freeze.

The ground beneath Hyunjin began to turn black. The grass, the plants, even trees closest to him shrivelled up, turning black as if the life itself was drained out of them.