Chapter 7 : defeated

𝙀𝙫𝙞𝙚'𝙨 𝙋.𝙊.𝙑

At first I didn't realize what was happening.
Though, the second I did slowly I started to move my lips in sync with hers. I reluctantly pulled back. "Alexis what are yo-." Once again she smashed her lips onto mine. I couldn't resist her. Before we could get any further she pulled away. "I uh i'm sorry I have to go."

Then I just stood there. Hair now messy. I looked to the ground. My mind still not completely wrapped around the events that just went on.

- 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝗱𝗮𝘆 -

𝗔𝗹𝗲𝘅𝗶𝘀'𝘀 𝗣.𝗢.𝗩

My phone alarm repeatedly going off abruptly "woke me up".
Not that I needed waking up. The whole night was full of insuferable tossing and turning. I couldn't stop thinking about the way her lips felt on mine. I quickly shook those thoughts out of my head. God, why did I do that. I've been in relationships with girls before but i'm engaged I just can't.
Whatever. I need to get ready for work i'm going to be late.

- 𝗔𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗷𝗼𝗯 -

I walk into my office. With each step my heart grows heavier.
I bring my head up and i'm greeted by my assistant. My very beautiful assistant.
"Good morning." I say shakily.
"Good morning.. Uhm I know this isn't exactly appropriate right now but last night-." I cut her off.
"Their is no last night that.. it was a mistake that's all."

"We need to talk about what happened." She says slighly raising her voice.

"Their is nothing to talk about i'm your boss, nothing else." I say harshly.

Immediatly regreting my words.
She looks at me with a face hinting that she was going to say something back. But no she quickly closed her mouth.
"Okay." She says nodding her head excessively.

"Okay then. Lets get to work." I say trying my hardest to ignore the tears that were threatening to fall from her eyes.
"Come here I want to show you a new thing I've been working on."
She walks up next to me. Not even bothering to look up at my face.

"What do you think? Is it a good idea."
"Mhm definitely." She says looking down at the floor. I use my hand to lift her face to meet mine. A teardrop rolled down her face the second I did that. I quickly wiped it of with my finger.

"Remember. Look at me when I speak to you." I say. Giving her a challenging glare.
"Understand?"
She nods her head yes.
"C'mon use your words."
"Yes miss, I understand."
"Good."

HEYYYY i'm sorry for not updating but i'm not going to be like them other wattpad writers and make up some crazy excuse like an alien coming to abduct me.
i was just too lazy to write a new chapter 😭 but here you go !!! enjoy.