28 | truth

Anastasia Kingsley POV

I listened to Adrian rambling about meeting the kids for the first time.

He's so cute.

"Adrian, calm down. They'll love you. I think." I say as I get out of the passengers seat, Adrian following behind me as he turns off the engine of the car.

"They look like you. Small version," he commented pointing at the three kids that looked like me surrounded by other kids and three adults. He ignored the stares he got and followed behind me.

"-I would love that, maybe on Friday?" A woman with light brown skin exclaimed as her hands rested on her daughter, Diana.

There was a tall man, shorter than Adrian but still tall. He had Tan skin, dark brown hair and eyes.

Who the hell is he?

Then their was Ava who was holding Adonis while Atlas talked with my kids.

God that feels weird to say.

"Hey, Ana didn't know you were gonna come here today." Ava smiled at me as I looked at the man who looked as pale as a ghost, staring at Adrian.

Definitely Abel Volkov.

He was known as a high ranked Russian mafia member who left the mafia when he found out the killed his sister and father for stealing and trafficking kids and women. The funny part is that him and Adrian used to be friends when they were younger and Adrian thought of him as a role model until he saw a video clip of him smuggling kids with his father and sister.

What a small world.

Adrian didn't even look at the man and was staring straight at my daughter.

"How the fuck didn't you realize the first time you came here that she was your daughter?" He scoffed lowly under his breath so only I heard.

I rolled my eyes as I watched as the children moved slightly away, either because I'm a creep and asked if I could hug them or cause Adrian is scary as fuck. The only people that came towards us were Adonis and Atlas, both hugging Adrian's legs.

Really feeling the love.

"Hey Alek," I waved to the small boy who waved and giggled back, his sister pulling him back cautiously.

That went great.

"Well, I need to talk to your father so I'm just gonna-" I pulled the man's arm, wishing I wore gloves before I came here.

"So, you go by Anthony Vaughn right? You have a three kids and a dead mother, sister and father. Actual name being Abel Volkov right?" I sarcastically smiled as he kept his facade up.

"No, I'm Tony. Anthony is my full first name but I don't know of any 'Abel'." He dismissed as he continued walking beside me.

"I have proof you know?" I said as he shut his eyes tightly. I quickly turn so I can lead him into the cafe near the school.

We order drinks as he blows on his coffee. "You look like my daughter. Any chance you were in France six years ago," he sternly said as I looked at Jayden, Nate's boyfriend's sister who was a sniper, ready to shoot this son of a bitch.

"I was and a DNA test shows I'm their biological mother. I just want to know what happened to these kids." I said as I passed him three pieces of papers, showing I'm related to each one of them.

"You aren't going to come into their life and become their mother. I was with them when they needed me. You weren't. There's no way they would choose you over me." He snarled.

"I know, I know." I played along with him. "I just wanted to know what they went through."

I'm just hoping it wasn't what I went through.

"Not much. Problems here and there." He waved his hand as he took a step of his coffee.

"Okay, we'll why aren't they in any data base. If it was truly nothing that happened to them, they would be. Look, I just need to know, after that I'll leave. Also, I have a psychology degree. I'll know if you're lying." I added because if I didn't he wouldn't tell me the truth.

"When you first got captured, they took some of your eggs. They used my sperm because I was one of the strongest and best guards they had. They thought they could make the worlds best assassin." He muttered.

"At first, I didn't want the kids because I didn't want to have them. When I was guarding one night, I saw them and they looked horrible. Rags on their bodies, bruises on their faces and they were only two years old. I was told the surrogate died in birthing them. I couldn't take it and tried to set them free which was difficult as hell. I was caught and thrown into the prison with them, guards tripled so that none of us could escape."

"They took there turns with the kids, taking one in at a time to train, I think. When the kids were alone with me, I taught them how to fight and throw knives and shoot guns better. I tried to teach them everything I knew. When they were four, we made a plan and escaped, killing the remaining members. We went around making sure the Russian mafia didn't find us." Spitting out the horrid name.

"After that, I simply wanted a them to have a good education, hoping the night terrors would slowly fade as they got older. Now, I'm just hoping they live life to the fullest." He sighed as he drank another sip.

"Thanks for the information, you'll probably never see me again. Have a nice life." I smiled as I got out of the shop, two minutes later would be the end of his splendid life.

I walked back to the school, knowing that their lives weren't easy. They were most definitely harder than when I was five. And that said something.

When I saw the kids and adults in the front of the school corridor, all of them were surrounding Adrian.

What drugs did he give the poor kids?

ANsorry for the short chapter, I wanted to upload and I have to do school work

AN
sorry for the short chapter, I wanted to upload and I have to do school work.

I hate my teachers and am currently praying they end up in hell where people will literally burn in the fiery pits of hell.