Chapter Seventeen

Blair POV.
•••

"We have to take two cars." Carter says.

Noah goes up to Grayson, looks at me, squints his eyes, and whispers something in Grayson's ear. Grayson eyes widen and look over at me. I hold in a groan.

"I'll drive myself and Blair, the rest of you guys go with Carter." Grayson says

"But we'll all be cramped." Grace complains. Grayson gives her a look that shuts her up. I know better to complain. He opens his car door for me and I hop in mumbling thanks.

It's quiet and he's about to say something when my phone goes off. "Oh shit" I mutter. It's Natalie, the feeling of guilt rushes up my chest. I totally forgot about her.

"What?" Grayson asks

"It's Natalie, I kinda forgot about her."

"Well I invited Zack, so I'm guessing she'll be at the beach." I read her text and instantly feel more guilty.

Hey, do you want to hangout. I asked Zack to but he's going to the beach with the guys. I think he's mad at me. -N

"Do you know what's up with that?" I ask after reading Grayson the text.

"Zack was pissed about something but said he would explain when he got to the beach."

Oh, I was with Emma when the guys were planning on going to the beach and we were invited. I would totally ditch them. That's a lie. But we are almost there and I'm not the one driving. -B

Zack said it was just the guys- N

He probably didn't know, he's driving separately-B

I kinda fucked up and I think he knows-N

What did you do???- B

I put my phone after five minutes waiting for her reply. The car ride is quiet with only the radio playing. I reach to turn it up right when Gray starts to talk. I pull my hand back fast.

"So, umm are you into my brother?" He blurts out.

"What? No, why would you think that?"

"Noah said he saw you guys alone together."

"That's only because I bumped into him looking for the bathroom."

"Oh, ok" he said. It's quiet again for a few more moments. "I think you're beautiful" he blurts out.

I whip my head and look at him. I can see his cheeks growing a faint shade pink. "Just in case you didn't know, you know with the whole conversation about us not complementing you, sorry we don't."

"Thanks," I smile "You don't have to complement me though, I never thought it was rude that you guys didn't. I never thought about it at all actually."

"I know" he mumbles embarrassed. "But just in case you didn't know."

"Thanks" I mumble. This. Is. Awkward. I don't do sappy things and this is sappy.

"Anyways, when do you think we should start fake dating?" Grayson changed the subject "After I announced to the class I asked you out, I'm sure it's gotten back to Ashlyn."

"Umm, I guess we can like start doing couple things I don't know."

"Couple things?" He laughed

"I don't know, like hold hands and stuff in front of people." He laughed again and I punched him. "Don't make fun of me."