Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen.

Paige woke up shivering, it was then that she realised that Seth was gone, she looked around the room, and when her eyes landed on him, he scowled at her and got up. He seemed tenser than usual, he always looked as if he was about to explode, but there was something in those icy blue eyes that made her anxious.

“What time is it?” She asked stretching her aching body.

She sat up and looked at him again, but he didn’t answer her, he walked towards the door and when she reached out to him, he moved away as though she reeked of something disgusting.

He regarded her coldly and put his hand on the door handle, “We’re leaving, use the bathroom we won’t be stopping.”

He was harsh and straight to the point and with that, he left the room; she could hear his footsteps echoing through the empty church, then the creaking of the heavy wooden doors as he pushed them open. Slumping against the wall she wondered what his problem was then it hit her; she had told him she loved him.

“Oh great job Paige you fool!” she cursed to herself, she had said it in the heat of the moment, the way he had taken care of her was so sweet, so gentle, so out of character that for a moment she had forgotten just how hot headed he was.

“Talking to yourself is the first sign of madness you know,” Marcus told her with an amused look.

She looked over at him, he was leaning against the doorframe smirking at her, he pushed himself from the doorframe and walked further into the room sitting down next to her. He had no idea what had happened between them, but the atmosphere was bitter.

“I’ve pissed him off again,” she confessed, it’s all she seemed to do.

Marcus chuckled, he knew Seth better than anyone did, and that vampire had some serious anger issues not to mention his moodiness, it was nothing out of the ordinary. He placed his hand on her leg and squeezed it reassuringly.

“I’ve been pissing him off for centuries, so I think I win that one,” he chuckled again.

Paige smiled sadly at him and nodded, she should have been used to it by now, but Marcus didn’t know what she had said to him. If he did know then he would probably agree she was a fool, because she certainly felt like one.

“He hates me,” she whispered, it was more to herself than Marcus, if she could convince herself that Seth did hate her then maybe it would stop her from feeling the way she did.

Seth stormed into the room angrily he was in no mood to wait around for them, “I don’t hate you, now get a move on we need to leave!”

Marcus rolled his eyes at Seth; it was hardly the subtle approach. She needed reassurance not his cold, cruel push off. He was hard work and she needed to learn how to deal with him and stop taking everything to heart, he cared for her in his own way, he just didn’t know how to show any emotion other than anger.

“Where are we going?” Marcus asked curiously, surely, they weren’t going to run forever.

“To Celina.” He told him grabbing Paige and pulling her out of the room and to the car.

She tried to wriggle free of his iron grip, she was more than capable of walking on her own, it wasn’t as though she was going to run away, and even if she did he would catch her. It only seemed to agitate him further though, so she gave in and let him push her into the car.