Chapter 1:

Dex paced around the bustling city, almost gagging every time he breathed in. Ack! I keep forgetting that forbidden cities like these don't have Pures. He shook his head a little, earning a look from some humans that were passing by.

"What are you looking at?" Keefe yelled to them, and Dex blushed and looked away.

He nervously shifted around, looking at the others, then softly saying. "Don't you think it's a little dangerous around here?"

Keefe laughed, "You worry too much."

Tam joined Keefe, with a slight smirk, appearing out of the shadows.

"And here comes Bangs Boy with the dramatic entrances," Keefe said faking a curtsy, "Forgive me for not bowing at your presence."

Tam looked close to hitting Keefe, so Dex quickly tried to change the subject. "Where are we going?" He quickly asked before things could escalate.

"I'm not sure," Sophie replied, "Mr. Forkle just said to look for something Elvin in Colorado."

"I wonder why they call it Color-ado" Keefe wondered, "I don't see a lot of colors except green, brown, and gray."

"This is the blandest spot of the whole state, Denver. Plus, you're saying it wrong. It's ca-lo-ra-do." Sophie said, emphasizing the whole word."

"Whatever. Let's go somewhere different than this." Tam said, putting quite the death tone on the last word.

"Ok. So where do we go?" Biana said, reappearing

"ACK!" Keefe screamed. "WILL YOU STOP DOING THAT?"

"No," Biana said, smiling, "You just need to get used to it."

Dex rolled his eyes. "Well, the method of travel will be easy. Car."

"And how exactly do you think we're going to get a car?" Fitz asked.

"Easy. Hotwiring one" Dex said

"Isn't that Illegal?" Keefe asked, "Since if so, I'm totally in."

"Of course you are," Sophie muttered.

Dex smiled, knowing that having Keefe on his side definitely would have some advantages.

"Aren't there other ways?" Linh asked. "Preferably not stealing?"

Dex frowned. "Not really, the only other way would be to make a car, and that would take a couple of days, tops."

"We can't wait two days." Sophie said, "Even though I might not like stealing, this might be our only chance to get to the more remote places of Colorado."

Dex nodded. "Then let's get going," he said, hopping onto a car.

"Woohoo!" Keefe said, jumping into the passenger seat, "I knew I liked you, Techno-Deck."

Dex rolled his eyes at the comment, and quickly shut off the security system, his hands working at top speed. In about a minute, the ignition would be ready to go. "Now, listen. I'm the only one who knows how to drive one of these, so don't distract me or we'll all die."

"Well isn't that nice," Tam huffed.

Dex started up the engine, and they started to move up a canyon.