Quidditch, among things

"C'mon Ray!" I called from the quidditch pitch below. She soared above the wooden rings, eyes glued on the quaffle. The gryffindor beater, Demus Dizzle knocked the ball towards her. She dove just in time knocking the ball out of the way of the ring. Several cheers came from the slytherin side. I looked over to see Tom getting continuously more frustrated. Again, the quaffle flew, Raine dove, the ball just barely making its way through the ring. I could see her disappointment.
"Just one more, Raine!" I called. The quaffle flew, harder this time. I could see her lock eyes with the ball, hitting it nearly into oblivion. Cheers erupted from the slytherin side, theres no doubt she'll be the keeper, Madame Hooch would be foolish to choose anyone else.

"You did it!" I exclaimed as she landed, out of breath. I could just barely see Draco give her a soft smile, perhaps my eyes were deceiving me because he never does.

"Alright, time to audition the seekers". Madame Hooch announced. I mounted my broom and watched as Tom sauntered over, he looked me up and down. "Try to keep up". He said.
"Try to stop me". I replied annoyed. And with that, Madame hooch tossed the seeker into the air, and off it sped. I shot up into the sky frantically searching for the small golden object. Tom was flying around the top of the pitch, probably trying to throw me off. I was about to fly after him when I heard a small buzzing whirl past my ears. I looked to the left just in time to see a gold spec flash across the grounds. I sped after it. Tom, I could tell, had noticed it too and was gaining speed.
"You'll never be fast enough!" He yelled. In a way he was right, his broom was better, but he doesn't have something that I do; concentration. We weaved in and out of poles until the snitch took a sharp turn up. I raced Tom up into the sky, he was just on the tail of my Firebolt 3000. The snitch took another sharp turn, downwards towards the ground. I breathed harder, forcing my broom at a nearly nose dive angle with the ground. "Pull up!" Yelled Raine from below. I refused. The ground approached, Tom was next to me. "GENEVEIVE NOW!" She called but I didn't listen. Further we plummeted. The ground was feet away, closer, I reached out, closer, I could almost feel the flutter of wings. And then, nothing.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

"Genny?" I heard a faint voice. "Genevieve Williams, have you lost your mind?!"

I opened my eyes slowly, wincing in the bright light. My head was throbbing, I groaned. "You couldve gotten yourself killed!" Madame Hooch cried. "Tryouts are finished!" She announced, helping me up and handing me to Raine.
"Miss Shine, please make sure Miss Williams here gets some ice". She stated before fixing her robes and walking away.
"What were you thinking Genevieve?" Raine asked picking up my broom, which was now collectively in pieces.
"I was thinking I at least wouldn't die without beating Tom".
"Well that's so unfortunate isn't it Williams?" Tom said walking over, snitch clutched in his fist.
"Shut up". I stated, holding an ice pack over my head.
"You would risk your life like that just to beat me?" He asked.
"Yeah and what about it?" I said annoyed.
"It's admirable". He stated, promptly turning to walk away.

"Did Tom just.. give you a compliment?" Raine asked.
"Oh please, I refuse to believe THAT was anything close to a compliment, let's go get changed". I placed my arm around Raines shoulder as she helped me back to the players quarters.

When I got back to my locker, I took a shower and got changed. At least magic was good for one thing; instant hygiene". I save A LOT on shampoo.

When I closed my locker, I noticed something fell out... I picked it up to see another folded white piece of paper. I was hesitant this time, not wanting to encounter another creepy love poem.
"Raine?" I called.
"Yeah?" She turned the corner wringing her hair out in a towel. "Don't tell me you magicked silk shampoo into your hair again, do you know how bad that is for your scalp? Just we're magic doesn't mean our bodies are.."