fireproof

James and Sirius's new holiday, dubbed "Palentine's Day", was celebrated on February 13, in order to ensure James would be thinking about Sirius while out with Lily (scary, I know)

James and Sirius's new holiday, dubbed "Palentine's Day", was celebrated on February 13, in order to ensure James would be thinking about Sirius while out with Lily (scary, I know). Their festivities passed quickly, and the day of love was upon us.

Being that he was James Potter, Lames was booked for the day with all sorts of planned activities, including a fancy 7am breakfast, large scavenger hunt, and candlelit dinner by the Great Lake (with Sirius as the waiter, another compromise to keep his presence fresh).

Alice and Marlene were also busy, having taken their significant others to Hogsmeade for the afternoon.

Remus and I took a different route, with no alarms or schedules. We woke up tangled in each other's arms around 11, and laid together for about thirty minutes before rolling out of bed and heading down to the Great Hall where we found Peter and Sirius having lunch.

"You really don't like anything, do you?" Sirius said through bites of his fried fish.

His words were directed at me, as he and Peter had just discovered that on top of my birthday, I was also not a big Valentine's Day fan.

"I like the fourth of July," I shrugged, picking a fry off of Remus's plate.

"What happens on the fourth of July?" Peter asked.

"It's the day we Americans celebrate our freedom from this god awful country," I teased.

"Also known as Treason Day," added Remus. I laughed and bumped his shoulder with mine.

"That doesn't explain why you hate the two most personal holidays," Sirius said, twirling his fork in his fingers.

I blinked at him and looked up to Remus.

"He doesn't get me at all, does he?"

Remus swallowed the bite he had just taken and grinned a little.

"Miss America here," he said. "Despises all forms of attention, including, but not limited to: days dedicated to the celebration of her birth and holidays for mushy outings with her boyfriend."

Remus looked back down to me and broke from his matter-of-fact character.

"Did I get that right?"

"Spot on," I replied. "I also just think Valentine's is stupid."

"Stupid?" Sirius cried. "How?"

"It's just designed to make money. If people need a day to remember that they're in love they aren't doing their relationship right."

"She must be fun in bed," Sirius mused, causing Remus to choke on his pumpkin juice.

"No wonder you and Sirius didn't work out," Peter chimed in.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Sirius exclaimed. Peter shrugged and continued cutting his fish.

"You're very extravagant."