the night calls to dreamers

I hear foot steps coming down the hall and I quickly change the channel

I hear foot steps coming down the hall and I quickly change the channel. The first that comes on is...Wonder Pets? (please tell me some of you guys remember wonder pets)

"Hey- what the hell are you watching..." Hawk says while glancing at the tv

"ELI! LANGUAGE!" His mom shouts back at him from the laundry room.

"MOM! ITS HAWK!"

"Uh you know...just...reminiscing childhood I guess...haha...mhm.." I clear my throat as he gives me an uplifted eyebrow. I'm so ridiculous, why can't I just lie well to him.

"Yeah..uh anyway, I'm gonna go to the gym with Miguel, he's got some stuff he needs to talk about I think...you keep on...helping those baby animals and saving the day or whatever.." and with that he exits the room and heads outside and..leaves. No cocky attitude. No stupid inappropriate joke. Just...bland...what the...

"Hey honey, I was just wondering..I don't want to uh..pry but...are you doing ok? I know all this is a lot and I just want to make sure ind long everything I can for you. If you need to see someone to talk about in glad to help." Mrs. Moskowitz interupts my thoughts.

"I'm doing a lot better..I think. I think I might just need to get some time away, maybe tomorrow or so, but..thank you so much for asking Mrs. Moskowitz. I really can't thank you enough." I say smiling as she comes in to give me a hug.

A few moments after she leaves u go online on my computer and I look up the address for Xander's prison. Maybe I can schedule a visitation if some sort?

"Hello how may I help you" a very uh friendly female voice answers the phone.

"Ah. Hello uh yes, I was wondering when visitation hours are?" I ask politely

"Visitation hours are from 12-6pm but it varies on the victims charge how much time they have to receive visitations. Who's the inmate."

"Um..his name is uh..Xander. Xander Jones." I hear a sight gasp followed by a lot of silence after I utter his name.

"Yes and..your full name, and what is your relation to inmate number 7560?" She says in a very shakey tone.

"Ash Lucille Rose Auclair. I'm his..cousin. 4th cousins twice removed." I lie

"no wonder you were twice removed.." I hear t woman say under a breath followed by a lot of keyboard clicking.

"when will I be able to see Xander." I state flatly.

"He is a high profile inmate, who is in major hot water at the moment now that his case has been opened up so I'm afraid you can only receive 30 minutes of visitation time per week." Damn..only 30 minutes? What is one supposed to even say in that time...well, more specifically...what am I supposed to say in that time. Better than no time I guess.

"Actually, you'll have to wait until next week. His visitation was already used up for this week." Wait..what? Who would want to see him? Well, who want would to see him that up to any good.

"Is there...any chance you could provide me with a name for who saw him last?"

"Well he isn't a minor and there's nothing listed by his lawyer that he wants anything to be confidential...so I guess so. A...Lucy Brotherton visited him yesterday" Lucy....Lucy!

"Yes ok, thank you very much." I hang up probably a little too quickly. I need to go see Lucy. She'll know what to do.

"Hey Mrs. Moskowitz, tell Hawk is he comes back I went to go hang out with Tory at the beach. I'll be back soon!" I yell throughout the house.

I type in the GPS directions on my phone and I grab Hawk's Jeep keys.

"Woah dude

"Woah dude...so you finally talked to her?" Miguel and I are having a deep conversation about him and Tory, we may not be on the best of terms at the moment with the whole..dojo feud thing but I just feel obligated to talk to him, even if the voices in my head are telling me he's a traitor and a coward.

He tells me all about the interaction he had with Tory. And I hurt for Tory. I've come to really enjoy spending time with her, and she seems like a very genuine girl...a lot of a demons and skeletons in the closet but who doesn't have those..

Miguel and I part ways. I hate seeing him like this. Paralyzed practically. I need some alcohol yk calm myself.

I pull into the mini mart and flash my fake ID to get a beer before walking down to the dojo. There's someone inside.

I catch a glimpse of Tory punching the dummies at the front of the of dojo, then kicking. A repeating. She's clearly angry.

"So you finally talked to him eh?" I say as I walk in the door

"Fuck off Hawk. I can't take this right now." She says in between kicks.

"The last thing I expected to lose was him. He's a traitor. A fool. A coward. A scumbag. A fucking idiot." She says as she kicks in between each phrase.

I just stand there frozen. I'm not good with female emotions.

"Shit what time is it, I've been here all day, I gotta go to work." She says grabbing her sparkly vest for her roller rink job and leaves with it saying a word.

well...I think that went well. I sip on my beer and drive my bike home, yeah it's a little rainy but fuck it.

I wheel into the drive way and notice my jeep is gone..that's interesting...

I walk in the house after throwing away my beer can and I say hi to my mom.

"Hey honey, oh Ash wanted me to tell you she went to go hang out with Tory at the beach today." She says while her eyes are glued to the TV. That's...weird..Tory didn't look like she was the beach..at all today...nor did she mention anything about Ash..

That's when my eyes catch the TV.

Good Evening, this is breaking news. Robby Keene, the teen who was charged with the assault of Miguel Diaz at the fight at the local high school recently has just been released early due to good behavior...." and the rest of what the woman says is a a blur.

A/N: hey friends. I'm so deeply sorry for the lack of updates like a promised. Today I spent most of my day in the ER. I chronically sprained my foot, and I can't walk on it so it's in a cast. I found out I have like an extra bone in my foot which makes the specific foot prone to injury. I've been going through a lot of stuff mentally as well but I'm trying to do my best here guys.

I love you all so much.

vote and comment!