4;19

Before you read, my 'younger sister' had some ideas for this chapter. Be nice because she's super proud of it!

...

Kitty Alone; part 2

Kitty's pov

To say I'm scared is an understatement. My journey through the spirit world wasn't so bad, but the closer we got to the cave where the face stealer creeps, the more nervous I became. The bright and colorful Spirit World I've always known became dark and murky. Less and less spirits appeared, and the area feels almost cold.

"We're here," Raina tells me.

We arrived in front of a dark cave. I can't believe I have to do this, interact with the ancient face steeling spirit. I've read books about both Kuruk and Aang's meetings with Koh. Kuruk's Avatar journey truly started after he died. When he was alive, it was said to be an era of peace with the physical side thanks to Yangchen, but there was underlying turmoil with the spirits. When Koh took Kuruk's bride, Kuruk spent so long trying find Koh to get his wife back. Sadly, his goal to defeat the Face Stealer never happened. If he were to kill the creature, his bride would die. Sad really, but also terrifying.

"When you face him, don't show any emotion. Stay calm and don't let him scare you."

"Ok, I'll be fine. I mean, Avatar Aang managed to face him, and he was just a little kid," I say trying to talk myself into it.

"I can feel your heartbeat from here. You're scared, Kitty. Just keep your mind on what's important. If you ever want to see your sister or your friends & family again, you must remain calm. He can't do anything to you if you remain in control."

"I must remain in control..." I repeat. "Ok, I can do this."

...

"Koh, hello?" I call to the creature.

Am I still terrified? Yes. But am I as terrified as I was before? No. Raina told me that he can't do anything to me if I remain in control, and that makes me feel better. Still scared, but not as much. I bet Jade could do this no problem, she's the most fearless person I know.

"Mr. Face Stealer, it's me, Kitty! The Avatar's sister, carrier of two elements, um.. otter dog mom.. Best friend, ex girl friend, Jasmine tea lover, spy..."

Where is this thing? What can an ancient face stealing spirit possibly be doing?- Probably stealing faces. Duh, Kitty.

"What do we have here?" I hear a eerie, deep voice say.

My heart beats profusely, but my face stays emotionless. It's voice is like a spider crawling up my neck. Koh creepily crawls forward, its dozens of pairs of legs scattering across the cave wall. The small amount of light peaking into it's cave illuminates the creatures face. With the body of a giant centipede, the first face I see is of a man.

It's even more creepy that I'll be staring at faces that are probably thousands of years old.

"I need to talk to you," I tell him.

"You want to talk to me? Aren't you- SCARED!?" He yells the last part while getting close to my face as his face shifts into a baboon with huge sharp teeth. Despite peeing my pants a little bit, my face remains frozen.

"Last visitor I had was the young airbending Avatar," he continues.

"No offense, but I've met an owl that's scarier than you. I just need you to tell me the story of Raina, the Sister Spirit."

"Hmm, well aren't you bold," he says as he circles around me, changing faces with every blink. I stare into the face of a little girl who then turns into an old man.