15

Tae came back out of his Woodland Hills compound after laying sleeping Shantey on the couch in the second front room and approached the sprinter where everyone remained waiting

Tae came back out of his Woodland Hills compound after laying sleeping Shantey on the couch in the second front room and approached the sprinter where everyone remained waiting. "Sup y'all, uh, she still knocked out. I'll keep y'all updated wit shit."

Everyone nodded and Sunni asked, "Okay, when will you be contacting Dr. Crawford?"

"Tomorrow. I want her to rest tonight."

Everyone understood. However, Amanda did add in her comment. "You cannot forget to call her sponsor either. That's very important. You need to recognize her withdrawal signs too. Nevermind, I'll just come back tonight after I check on Kareem."

"You do kno' I can take care of my wife, right?" Tae asked Amanda.

"Can you really tho?" She retorted, rolling her eyes.

Tae let it go, taking her wife's best friend holding a grudge against him for what has happened recently. "All right. Y'all get home safe."

"Hold on, you sho' you don't need help wit the kids?" Sino asked. "Y'know I'll stay."

"They wit Heather in Long Beach. I have her keepin' 'em there til I talk to Dr. Crawford. I don't wanna put too much on her at once."

"That's smart. Call when you need me, Books, foreal."

Tae dapped Sino. "I gotchu. Lemme kno' when y'all home."

Closing the door and stepping backwards, Tae watched the sprinter drive out the gate and disappear down the road. Tae returned indoors, securing the door behind himself. He checked on Shantey, who slept, before he went to the gigantic backyard to the two dog cages and as he approached the Black Labrador Retriever Shadow and Doberman Rocco raised to their feet at the sight of their longtime owner.

"What up boys! Sit." Tae commanded and Shadow and Rocco sat immediately. He reached forward, opening the gates and they didn't come out until he snapped for them to and he crouched in front of them.

"Y'all missed me? Hey girl." he rubbed Shadow on her head as she stuck her tongue out at him. "Com' on. Let's get y'all som' food and water."

Shadow and Rocco raced ahead of Tae in the house, while he stayed behind to retrieve their bowls and dog food from under the cabinet in the outdoor kitchen and followed behind. Tae poured the dog food in the bowls when he looked around and neither one of his dog were in sight.