I. three

┍━━━━━━━━━━━╝✤╚━━━━━━━━━━━┑

━━━━━━━ ✤ ━━━━━━━

Twenty minutes, a relaxing warm shower and a change into her comfy gray sweats later, and Eunbyul stepped into the living room. 

Pulling her wet hair back into a loose ponytail, she stared in disbelief at the man seated at the small kitchen island. A hot bowl of ramen in his hands for dinner, but that wasn't what made her let out an exasperated breath through her nose.

It was Panfilo, the calico cat who rubbed up against his leg and purred loudly at the attention. Shamelessly meowing for more noodles before he caved in and let the furball have the last of his meal.

Well, there went the off-chance of Mr. Cassano being allergic to her cats. Eunbyul thought bitterly, shooting the other year-old black cat a glance. Unlike Panfilo, Luna stayed as far as possible from the stranger and coiled herself under the coffee table instead.

"The shower's all yours now," she said. Watched him stand up with an appreciative nod and round over to the kitchen sink. 

Panfilo stuck close behind Mr. Cassano, disappearing with his tail happily in the air behind the counter. Traitor, she scoffed silently and pulled a chair from the circular table in the dining room.

She sat there, working through a stack of papers in silence. Standing a couple of feet across from her, Vincenzo rolled up the sleeves of his dress-shirt and opened the faucet to run his empty dish through hot water.

The thought to offer some of the leftover ramen, pot still sitting hot on the stove behind him, crossed his mind. Turning the water off, he took the dry cloth towel hanging from the hook on the tiled wall to his right and looked at her.

"I..." The words were ready in his mouth, but it only parted soundlessly as his chin tilted slightly with seeded uncertainty.

It was like he wasn't even there. He cleared his throat in a gentle attempt to draw her focus and make it feel less like was talking to himself. But she simply adjusted her reading glasses on the bridge of her nose and dove deeper into the files in her hands. He swore he'd never met someone with that high amount of concentration. Either that, or she was completely ignoring him.

No. No way, that couldn't be. Vincenzo blinked the thought away and put the clean bowl on her dish rack next to the kitchen sink. It wasn't that he was full of himself by thinking this, there was just no denying that he always had a way with people. Whether they liked or despised him, he never had to bargain for their attention.

Comforted by this fact, he decided to let Ms. Hong be and walked straight from the small kitchen to his room. When he gathered all the things he needed, he stepped across the hallway and locked himself in the bathroom at last.