26- Footsies Gone Wrong

***

***

"I still think this plan is an idiotic waste of time."

Aurora rolled her blue and brown eyes, wondering why she continued to keep diary-Tom around when all he ever did was lecture the girl.

"I'm telling you," she insisted, "something weird definitely happened."

Tom was the biggest skeptic that she'd ever met. For as long as she'd known him, which was indeed a very long time. Tom was the type of person— or in Rory's opinion: sociopath, to never trust anything that comes from anyone's mouth. Maybe because he knew that anything he himself uttered was lying and manipulative, or perhaps it has to do with past traumas. Regardless, if you wanted for Tom Riddle to believe you— you would have to show him straight to his face.

"I have a strong feeling that you were just imagining things, Aurora. Merlin knows you lost your mind a long time ago," Tom spoke his rather rude input to Rory, as they sneakily swept past the Great Hall full of students eating their breakfast.

She scoffed. "No thanks to you torturing me, no doubt," she muttered bitterly as they exited the grand front doors, headed toward the direction of the shaded woods.

Tom did not answer her with a snarky response, instead he only rolled his coffee brown eyes in exasperation, keeping up with Aurora's slow walking pace. They were currently "on a mission," as Rory stupidly calls it, because she had some sort of power trip. Two days ago, Rory had come into her dormitory flustered. When Tom had asked why she was suddenly quiet for the first time in her life, she had told him what transpired between herself and Tom-two. (A clever name idea by him, as they were confusing themselves by calling his real-self Tom as well.)

It is now Friday, and he's being dragged out to the Forest by Aurora on this cold morning. Not that could actually feel the chilly temperature, but still. Tom could find anything to complain about if he really wanted to. Besides, Tom is in deep disapproval of this stupid idea purely because his fourteen year old, white-haired companion would be skipping part of her classes for the day. Just to frolic around with a diary-spectre in the haunted woods. Tom was almost one hundred percent certain that if Rory were to tell someone the entire thrilling story of her chaotic life, they would swiftly chuck the insufferable girl in an insane asylum. Tom wasn't completely opposed to the idea, however.

The duo walked for about ten minutes past the shaded tree line, after Tom checked to make sure that the groundskeeper, Ogg, wasn't watching her enter seeing as no students were permitted to. Rory could tell that Tom was in his usual brooding deep thoughts, so she stayed silent for him. She was too kind, in her opinion.

Once they arrived at the same small clearing she'd been in with Frankie on the last full moon, Aurora finally broke him from his thoughts— Merlin knows he could do that for hours, the absolute nerd. "Alright," she said softly, making Tom jerk his head toward her.