Ch 299: Dr. Ian

Lin Ye was concerned by Orchid's words.

What exactly does she mean by "experience with large creatures"?

Lin Ye remembered the male Sarkaz from Liz's dream as the largest creature he had ever seen in this world. The male Sarkaz, in contrast to the relatively petite female Sarkaz, is tall and muscular. They must be at least two metres taller than he is.

Of course, Liz could have "demonised" them in her dream.

Regardless, even the "demonised" Sarkaz is a far cry from the standards of large creatures.

Lin Ye was perplexed by this. He wanted to ask her to clarify, but Orchid was hesitant to speak again, leaving Lin Ye even more bewildered.

"I don't really wanna talk about it, it's gonna ruin my appetite," Says Orchid.

He had originally wanted to go out to eat, but Blue Poison had already given him the large cake. He is no longer hungry. So, he intends to return to the dormitory to rest, digest the food, and then seek out Yato to practise with her.

He hasn't practised his sword skills in nearly a month. After all, he didn't have the time to do so while he was in Kjerag, trying to stay alive and all.

He was obviously just a civilian, but he was always sent out to do some work all day. Dangerous work. So, he needs all the help he can do for himself.

Lin Ye returns to the dormitory and discovers that Ansel has also arrived.

Lin Ye sets his luggage down and inquires of Ansel, who is lying on the bed reading, "Did you not go to dinner?"

"Nah, I just wanted to rest today," Ansel says without looking up.

"Hm? Another break?" Lin Ye says casually.

"Is there a problem?" Ansel says annoyed, raising his head.

"No, no, it's nothing" Lin Ye furrows his brow.

Ansel did not intend to let Lin Ye go, "If my daily work is to sleep in the office like you, then I don't need to rest."

Lin Ye is baffled by Ansel's demeanour. He had the impression that Ansel was not in a good mood, but he couldn't put his finger on why. As a result, he attempts to mitigate the damage.

"I see, I'm sorry"

Ansel, who is closing his eyes, rubs the bridge of his nose and says, "Ugh no- It's not your fault. My demeanour is somewhat erratic. I know you did a lot in Kjerag, so... please accept my heartfelt apologies."

Lin Ye is unconcerned. He sits on his bed, staring at Ansel. He then adds, "There's no need to apologise. Everything is fine. I did, in fact, sleep in the office for a day. And your daily work is indeed strenuous, necessitating more rest."

"Thank you," Ansel says after a brief silence.

Ansel casts a glance at Lin Ye, who initially refused to speak, but after hesitating, he says slowly, "Doctor Kal'tsit has returned to the Island."

"Really? She's back."

"Yes." Ansel says softly, "She also brings us more work."

"More work?"

"Yes, the original job was already very stressful enough, but after Doctor Kal'tsit came back, our workload had almost doubled. It may be the fact that if we don't work overtime, we can't finish our job." Ansel continues, "In order to finish my work, I only had three hours of sleep a day."

Three hours of sleep time...How is he still alive?

Lin Ye now understands why Ansel acts the way he does. If he worked like Ansel, he might explode before Ansel. It's no surprise he's acting this way.

"In this case, why not ask Doctor Kal'tsit?", Lin Ye asks Ansel.

Ansel asks back, "Asks what?"

"To lessen your workload."

"She didn't just leave everything up to us. Her workload is greater than that of the entire medical department. How can we complain?" Ansel asked.

Lin Ye wished he could explain why but he couldn't. Leaders are supposed to have more work than others, but this does not imply that employees enjoy working overtime. Even if a leader is required to work 36 hours a day, they are unable to do so.

Of course, he just thinks about it in his head and can't say anything about it. After all, he comes from a world where people who do this to their employees can be sued. Terra, however, is not his world.

But he ought to say something.

"Then I'll assist you in speaking with her." Lin Ye sighs, "Overworking is bad for you all. I need to talk to her."

"What do you mean?" Ansel asks, sarcastically, "And I don't think you would dare to say such things in front of Doctor Kal'tsit."

"You don't want to underestimate me." Lin Ye states, "Why can't I just say it? Just because Kal'tsit is my boss? If you believe what you are doing is correct, go ahead and do it. If it won't harm anyone, go ahead and do it. If doing that thing makes people happy, there are even more reasons to do it."

The dorm door is suddenly knocked on after he says that.

Lin Ye comes to a halt in his conversation and walks to the door first.

He raises his brows as soon as the door opens.

This is due to the fact that Kal'tsit was standing outside the door.

"Doctor Kal'tsit? What are you-?"

"Lin Ye, are you free tonight?", Kal'tsit interrupted Lin Ye and says directly, "If you have time, please do me a favour."

"A favour?" Lin Ye raised a brow at this, "What exactly is it?"

Lin Ye is perplexed right now.

"You'll find out when you open it."

Lin Ye must take the handbag. He then unzips the zipper and discovers a black coat inside. And on the coat's shoulder is an identity card. There is a Rhodes Island logo on it. It also has some blue lines as decoration.

It has a name tag on it.

"The CEO and Doctor of Rhode's Island - Dr. Ian"

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by Weebly

Edit by Jaq