𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞

talk to me

'that's alright, let it out, talk to me'

"You did what?!"

"I kissed Draco, Lyra, how many times do I have to say it?"

"Once more because I'm afraid it didn't compute..."

Lyra stared at Theo as his head rested in the palms of his hand and moved to kneel in front of him. Theo kissed Draco. Theo. Kissed. Draco.

"Why did I do it? Why did I do it? Why did I do it?!" he muttered to himself, gripping his shaggy brown hair in his hands.

She peeled his hands away and allowed him to lean into her, wrapping her arm around his torso. His dangly arms (inherited by Remus, of course) hung loosely at his side. "It's alright, Theo, just tell me what happened."

Theo sniffled and rested his head on her shoulder. "I read the whole situation wrong. I thought it was a date, you know," he mumbled. "I'd been sending signs and I thought he was reading and reciprocating them... so after the movie, I kissed him, and he kissed back at first. And then he just pushed me and told me to get lost and to never speak to him again. I was wrong, Lyra, so bloody wrong..."

Lyra pulled away, holding him back with her hands on his shoulders. "Oh, Theo... Love, it's alright, I'm sure he'll come around."

His head shook vigorously, and tears welled in his hazel eyes. "No, he won't."

"Have you given him more time? Perhaps he needs to think it over," she said softly. Lyra watched as the defeated look upon Theo's face remained despite her attempt at making him feel better. "Just go to sleep and send him a letter tomorrow."

Theo wiped his eyes, standing and placing his hands awkwardly in his pockets. "Sure, okay, I'll do that."

He turned, exiting her room and closing the door, leaving Lyra alone in her quiet room.

Lyra sighed. She'd really believed Draco had similar feelings toward Theo, but clearly, she had read him wrong. Deciding to take a break from teenage drama, she sat back at her desk and quickly scrawled a letter to George.

George,

Guess who stopped in for a nice little chat today? Dumbledore. The bloody bastard was interrogating me as if I committed a crime! He wanted to know if I remembered anything else from that night the other week. I've told him plenty of times, but he doesn't care.

Eddy sent me a letter, too. An invitation to the Black Ball, but I get two plus-ones. You and Mary. I can't get us out of it, though. I asked Mary earlier and she was keen as mustard (a muggle condiment) and is already planning her hair and makeup. It's on August 16th, so we have plenty of time to organise it all.

Have you talked to Molly about our plans for Monday? I got my license too, so I can drive us to the hills instead of taking a million trains and buses. Remember to wear warm clothes, it's forecasted to be very windy. Could you perhaps ask Molly to make something warm for us to eat? I'm sure we'll find a place for food if she can't, so don't make her feel like she has to.