07 | jasmine

1711, Aethiel Palace, Kestramore City

           "Papa, how am I supposed to live with only two servants ? I need all six of them !" a loud, nasally voice cried.
Catarina snuck a glance at the young lady who stood several rows ahead of her, horrified by her terrible attitude. At first glance, Lady Lavinia Olivier seemed like a decent lady, albeit having rather questionable fashion choices.

            "Winnie, you must do as the Princess says," the Count of Levere said soothingly, although his face was burning hot with embarrassment.

             "I don't want to !" she shouted, and Catarina was forced to cover her ears due to how shrill it was.
Truly, she had never seen such behaviour before, and Catarina was rather impressed by how horrible this 'Winnie' Olivier is.

The Count of Levere turned towards the Princess, his face impossibly red, hoping for her to grant leniency.

Instead, Demitria only said, "Do reprimand your daughter, Lord Olivier. Her behaviour is outstandingly flagrant."

The person standing in front of Catarina let out a soft chuckle, and she turned around, smiling charmingly.

            "If I had acted that way, my father would have tied me to a tree," she said, her voice deep and sultry with a slight hint of mockery.

The lady standing in front of Catarina was strikingly beautiful, but not in the traditional sense. She was bold and tough, a stark difference from the usual demure and delicate act that most ladies put up.

             "A shame indeed that her father hadn't," Catarina replied. "Otherwise she would not have ended up like that."
The lady's smile widened, her forest green eyes curving like crescent moons. "I am Jessamine le Comte. Pleased to make your acquaintance."

             "Le Comte ?" Catarina subconsciously repeated. "The first female general in this kingdom's history, that Jessamine le Comte ?"

It was not too hard to notice that Jessamine le Comte stuck out like a sore thumb among the soft and delicate young ladies. Her fiery red hair was cropped short, barely touching her shoulders, and her bearing was like that of a mighty soldier, not a debutante, which made the pink silk dress that she donned look very odd and unsuitable.

             "That would be me," she chuckled. "I'd rather be guarding the Calacian border than being in this room, if you ask me."

Cosmina Breckenridge, who was standing close to Jessamine let out a scoff. "Do you not want to make your family proud, Lady le Comte ? Becoming a Crown Princess is a great achievement."

                "I already have made my family proud," Jessamine retorted rather snootily. "But thank you for the information, Lady...?"

                "Breckenridge," she answered swiftly. "I am Cosmina Breckenridge, the Grand Tutor, Marquis Archibald Breckenridge's daughter."