63 - wards

Her body plummeted beneath her, knees scuffing and cheek smacking the sand below. She let herself collapse, barely any strength within her body that would enable her to stand.

The fight in her had burned out, the adrenaline run its course.

Perhaps if she stayed here, face down against the sand, it would swallow her up.

Among the muffled collision of voices with the sea, she felt the presence of someone stumble beside her. Her eyes flashed open, stunned to see Bill Weasley crouching down, before he aided her to her feet.

"C'mon, it's alright. You're all safe. Let's get you inside," he said, carrying most of her weight.

Athena didn't know where anyone else was, too disorientated and far from sanity to care. She assumed they were still behind on the beach they had apparated to.

She barely even comprehended the little seaside cottage they were walking towards.

"Fleur!" Bill's voice carried through the cottage. Fleur Delacour flounced into the room, an elegant air about her. "She needs medical attention immediately. There's a wound to her head—"

"Yes yes, I see," she interrupted him, tending to Athena immediately.

Explaining the injury in front of the patient could only make them panic. Athena hadn't even realised her head was bleeding. She was merely unaccustomed with any physical pain. Couldn't feel a thing against the stinging of her heart.

"Ah my dear, do not worry. I will get you better in no time," she assured. The mellow tone of her voice was calming.

She led her down the hallways and into the nearest room on the right. Inside there was dark wooden furniture scattered around exceptionally organised, sage wallpaper covered the walls that complimented the browns, a huge, sturdy double bed stood in the centre and wall length lattice windows at the far end, looking out among the beach.

She was exhausted. So exhausted.

"I expect you are 'ungry," she smiled, sweetly. "After I 'ave fixed your wound I will make you a nice lunch. Does that sound okay?"

She nodded, knowing all too well that her body would most likely be unable to keep down a lot of food after living off of scraps for months.

"Where are the others?" she needed to ask, her voice hoarse. Almost frightening.

"They are okay. All of you are safe 'ere. There are many wards. No one will find you 'ere. But I don't want you to worry about anyone else at this minute. You must relax, ma cherie."

She obliged, barring her stubborn mind from injuring herself further.

Fleur gave Athena a vial of Wideye Potion for the concussion, several flasks of Blood Replenishing Potion, bandaged up the wound on her head once it had been sterilised and stitched together.

She brought Athena a cuisine of food with sandwiches, crisps, fruits and all sorts. She thought she'd never get to taste such things again.

Fleur appointed her to indulge a few more potions before eating—blood sugar balancers, mineral restoration, even something for her hormones which had been completely thrown off. She barely felt alive. She hadn't even realised how frail she was until accidentally catching her reflection in the mirror when she entered the room.

She wasn't allowed to sleep because of the concussion, however her exhaustion had temporarily dissipated due to the Wideye.

Immediately after getting Athena back to a moderate health again, Fleur went to help the others. She floated from room to room, healing, giving her aid. Athena felt oddly envious. She wanted to do something to help.