11. Your problem, My problem

Ace

I stood still at the door, watching her crying frame rush upstairs and out of sight. What the fuck just happened? Did I hurt her that much?

She is fine.

Is she really?  Yeah, yeah she should be.

I can't believe she did something I forbid her from for the first time. Anger rose in me again in the realization of what would have happened if she couldn't escape from those fuckers.

Family sluts.

I tried hard not to shout at her. But she was pushing my buttons when I was already pissed off.

Well, after tonight I realized I didn't really like her crying. Her usual beautiful face was covered in tear stains, looking mad and sad all at the same time. While I? I was angry enough to punch down a wall.

Guess we deal with shit different ways.

I walked into the room finally, knowing she will show up after a bit. Then I saw something on the floor which shouldn't...be there.

A bundle of cash, along with a paper crumpled into a ball on the desk was in view. Perhaps this is why she was sobbing?

I picked up the money and set it on her part of the desk. Then I took the paper balled up, placing it on the table and smoothing it out.

It was hard since I think she really hated what was written, but my eyes scanned the contents. And I understood mostly everything.

A Nicky, her friend perhaps, married an old guy. Athena made a deal that she would marry someone young, handsome and rich in two weeks to Nicky. She also said to give her 200,000 dollars.

So.

This was not a normal arranged marriage to her. It was a fucking deal. All she wanted was to prove something to someone.

I threw the paper away on her desk, striding to my dresser and grabbed my phone. "Lucas. I need you to do something. It includes papers, take a lot. There is going to be a lot of Mr. and Mrs."

I have been tested enough.

Athena

I was doing whatever it took me not to be bored. I read 4 big books, then ran around the library, then when I got tired I stared outside the big glass window.

All in all, I had enough time to rearrange my mind and heart. I was calm, happy even, and finally started to feel like myself.

I guess a 'me time' was really needed.

I even watched the sun come up, all happy and bright for the light and happiness it was about to give the people. I skipped out the library with my heart light, a smile on my face and not at all sleepy.

I had...well, a terrible sleep routine. I would sleep whenever I wanted to and other times wouldn't. So if I didn't sleep the night before, then you drag me to shopping and I feel to sleep I will drop sleep on the floor.

I won't care.

Mom and Dad both have tried to stop this. But a sleepless me and a bed never matched. I would feel so bored lying down and wide awake, I would start sneaking around.

My highest record is 4 days straight. I...uhh...got an F in math in high school and I was a nervous wreck to tell my parents.

Stress does things to people.

I slowly opened the door and poked my head into our room. Huh? It was just 6:30, and he wasn't on the bed.

I have never seen him sleeping. He doesn't sleep before I do and gets up before I wake up. I just didn't know it was this early though.