chapter eleven.

Third Person POV:

The Rutherfords were confused.

They had just landed in New York City only to get a call from their underboss stating that the Don of the American Mafia was requesting a meeting at his house. When questioning their underboss as to why, all he replied with was "I don't know Don, he said it was an emergency and to bring Mrs. Rutherford and Carver with you. I sent you his number, he requested for you to call him when you land." And that is exactly what they did. They called Jonathon Vanderbilt who didn't relieve their curiosity one bit. All he stated was that he didn't want to discuss the matter over the phone and to get to his house as soon as possible.

Before today the English and the American Mafias never had any association with each other. They were civil and they planned to meet for their first exchange but other than that they stayed away from one another. Both mafias were very private and secretive, the American Mafia especially. The Americans were at the top of the mafia food chain with the majority of the mafia world longing to be in alliance with them. The American Mafia was a dominant powerhouse that was mostly a mystery to the mafia world, so the Rutherfords knew that if they were getting a personal call from Jonathon Vanderbilt himself, they needed to go.

At the same time, the English Mafia was not one to underestimate. They may have been far from surpassing the American Mafia but they were number two for a reason. Even though they were very curious as to why an emergency meeting was being called, they knew they had to take precaution. After all, this was the American Mafia they were dealing with and they just didn't have enough information about them to know of their intentions.

This was exactly why Stephen, Natalie and Carver Rutherford alongside their half a dozen bodyguards pulled up heavily armed to the Vanderbilt mansion. They were ready for any scenario but as they approached closer to the mega-mansion, they knew that any attempts against the Americans would be futile. The mansion was absolutely massive. It took at least five minutes to just drive up to the property and while driving up they must have passed at least fifty guards armed with guns like they've never seen before. When they finally reached the entrance, two large guards armed with AK's stood by the doors. The Rutherfords didn't show it on their faces but they were nervous, anyone would be.

The car came to a stop.

Carver Rutherford was the first to climb out. Carver was the future Heir to the English Mafia and he very much looked the part. He stood at six foot four at only nineteen years old. His dark brown hair, piercing blue eyes and muscular frame attracted attention wherever he went. His face always seemed to adorn a cold glare or otherwise remained blank. Tattoos ran up and down his arms, adding to the intimidating aura he already encompassed so well. The only time he ever let his guard down was around his family. He wore an all black outfit consisting of a dress shirt, slacks and dress shoes. He narrowed his eyes at the guards in front of him just itching to grab his gun, but he kept himself composed.

Following behind him came Stephen and Natalie Rutherford. The Don and Donna of the English Mafia both had stoic expressions on their faces. Stephen had blue eyes while Natalie had light hazel eyes. They both were well dressed and looked extremely put together even though they just got off an eight hour flight. Stephen matched with his son, wearing an all black fitted suit, while Natalie wore a white dress fitted with red heels. The couple's hands were clasped together as they walked up to the huge double doors that lead inside.

The guards simultaneously opened the doors so the Rutherfords could walk inside. As they stepped into the giant entryway, they were met with a short housekeeper standing before them. She had a warm smile on her face.

"Welcome, Mr and Mrs Rutherford, Carver." She addressed them kindly.

"Please follow me to the living room, Don Vanderbilt has been awaiting your arrival."