Chapter 158

"Are we interrupting?" Jace called as he walked into Alec and Serena's office the next day, without knocking, Alec springing apart from where he'd been making out with Serena who was sitting on his desk.

"Actually..." she began.

"Nope, not at all," Alec interrupted and they both gave each other a look.

"Aren't you two supposed to be working?" Jace asked smugly, with arms crossed over his chest.

"Everyone has to relieve stress somehow, little brother," Serena smirked as she crossed her legs, shooting Clary a wink.

"Gross, Rena," Jace gagged.

"Knock next time then JJ," his sister admonished.

"Did you need something?" Alec intervened.

"On the hunt, we came across a Drevak demon," Clary explained.

"Yeah, which is weird, right? They usually keep to the sewers," Jace said.

"Maybe the holiday noise is drawing them out," Serena suggested.

"Yeah, could be," Jace agreed. "The streets are packed with idiots in costumes."

"Hey, I used to be one of those idiots," Clary chuckled.

"Shocker," Jace smirked back.

"Oh, don't act all high and mighty, JJ. You were one of those idiots once and you loved it," Serena said and Jace's smile fell as Clary's grew.

"Wait, what?!" she laughed.

"The Halloween Mission when you were 16, we went undercover. The shapeshifters, right?" Alec asked with a small smile.

"Yep," Serena said, popping the p.

"You promised you'd never bring it up," Jace said, tense.

"Jacey, are you keeping secrets from Clary? That's not healthy for a relationship, you know?" Serena tutted.

"We're going to brief ops on the demon," Jace said as he walked out the door and Clary turned to Serena who smirked at her.

"I'll send you photos."

Clary only grinned before running out after Jace, and Alec was in front of her again, pushing her legs apart to stand between them.

"Where were we?" he asked lowly, and Serena couldn't help the seductive smile that spread on her lips before they connected with Alec's.