03. Trip

Y/n fought off the villains.

It took quite a while. But adding up more back ups had them suppressing the villains.

"Must kill Y/n Ackerman!" Was their chants as they laughed with some type of desperate delusions.

Everyone were confused. Just what made these villains this ecstatic by the sight of Y/n? It looked almost like they were being controlled... but by what exactly?

"It's probably good to have a body check." One of the heroes suggested as he looked at the new prisoner he's holding on to like a dog on a leash. It was trying to struggle towards Y/n's direction.

Y/n nodded to agree. "I don't think this is a normal phenomena." She muttered while shifting glances from different villains who participated in today's ordeal. "What could have possibly made them this way?"

"Whatever it is, it must have been a strong quirk. To establish such wide range battlefield and control this much people." The hero said.

Y/n, together with the few heroes that she at least found rational and pleasant, discussed about today's event. While they are certain that this is another type of a bigger villain shenanigans, they still didn't know why it solely targetted a young girl.

It is given that Y/n was a strong individual, it's also true that she's skilled and has not used her quirk in hero works seeing as her maneuvering of gear is a top notch of its own. She had set an example to most quirkless people and she had influenced more heroes and villains alike into body building and combat skills improvement than quirk dependency...

Ah... there they came to a realization. Because compared to All Might, she's actually more of a threat than anyone else.

Realizing this, the heroes turned to the girl with sufficient aura for anyone to feel inferior. She was currently brainstorming as to why she was being targetted.

"We'll end today's discussion then." The hero said making y/n looked up at the adults.

She nodded. "Then I shall take my leave." She said and turned around quickly. She was in her civilian clothes when she came here and although she fought a swarm of villains with obviously damaging quirks, she was left with little damage except her fists that bruised because of punching the villains out of consciousness and a few torn on her clothes like she just fell on some forest or something.

Now followed behind her were her guards who seemed to be following her around 24/7. It was literally the first time they came out to aid her. Maybe because it was difficult to fight off multiple villains.

"Was Ackerman actually rich?" One curious hero asked questioningly.

They all began to wonder as well. Watching the female get on a black car, obviously an expensive one and rode away.

"I never knew." The others trailed. "Did you ever hear any hero named after Ackerman? I always think she has an influential background."

"If we want to know what's going on and eliminate the possibilities of why she was being targetted, then it's most possibly be by doing a background check." One suggested.

Everyone nodded in agreement.

"I though you went to school to swim. Not to some forest?" Overhaul's eyes twitched as he looked at her bruised fists and slightly but not obviously wrinkled clothes.

The girl shrugged. "I was called as an emergency back up." She replied.

"Without that costume of yours?" He asked. "You fought wearing that?"

"Yes..." she was used to fighting without safety gears after all. "It wasn't that hard."

"That's not the point." He would have prepared a board to explain to her how dangerous things are if she wen't like that. But ironically speaking, he fights using that same outfit so he really couldn't tell her that.