Chapter 43: Modern Day Life Break Time Part Ten

A/N: Ayyyy we reached part ten XDDD Here's chapter 43, please enjoy~~

The two arrived at the entrance to Goza no Yu. The building, like Naraya, gave off a strong sense of history. "Goza no Yu's got some pretty interesting historical background too." Subaru said as he pulled open the wooden door for Rem. "What is it, Subaru-kun?" Rem asked as the two stepped through the threshold. "The facilities combined both Edo and Meiji period styles so bathing in here makes it feel like we are going back in time. Well maybe not in your case since you're not from around here. But you can still have a good look at your surroundings as you enjoy the onsen. It'd be very interesting!" Subaru said, and Rem nodded with a smile. "Rem will make sure to take her time admiring the designs of the building." She said, and Subaru grinned.

They arrived at the counter and showed the worker their tickets, then they were showed to each entrances. "I'll see you in a bit, Rem. And there's another interesting thing to do here after the onsen. Hehehe." Subaru said as he walked toward the men entrance. "Eh~? Why the cliffhanger, Subaru-kun?" Rem asked, and Subaru just waved and entered the men entrance. She smiled and walked through the women entrance as well.

There were two types of onsen baths here, the stone baths and the wooden baths, and each baths was available for men and women on alternating days. And today, Rem got to enjoy the wooden onsen bath. After quickly washing herself, Rem walked to the onsen baths. There were two wooden onsen baths, each with a different onsen source. She first stepped her foot in the onsen bath on the left, which had the Bandai onsen as its source. Rem slowly lowered more of her body into the onsen water, rippling the smooth surface. Letting out a small sigh of relaxation, she looked around the area.

Rem thought that they were very lucky that there weren't any people there whenever they enjoyed the onsens. She remembered the time when they went to the public bathhouse together. There were much more people there. "But after all, public bathhouses and onsens are still quite different." Rem thought and looked back up, wiping herself with the towel now soaked with hot onsen water and observing the designs of the interior of the building. The onsen area was roomy and had a high ceiling, and in the middle of it were windows where light came in. Everything above Rem's head was supported by crossing wooden beams and pillars, and even though she'd already seen such designs several times on this trip so far, she still felt amazed every time she saw such peculiar designs.

She thought about the bathrooms in Roswaal's mansion and couldn't help but wonder if they survived that blow and felt a small twinge of guilt. Shaking her head, she focused back on her observation of the onsen area. The more she looked at the tidily paved wooden floors and smooth wooden walls, the more she felt the beauty of the simplicity in the design of the architecture. The gorgeously constructed interior of the Roswaal Mansion came to her mind again. The dazzling chandeliers, the refined wall plasters, the characteristic marble floors, they were all great crafts of art of the craftsmen; however, the onsen area she was in now, although not as magnificent, had its own magnificence and charm as well.

A few minutes later, Rem decided to try the other onsen bath. She got up and stepped into the onsen bath on the right, whose source was the Yubatake onsen. She wasn't an expert in onsens so frankly, she couldn't quite tell the difference, but it was very enjoyable and relaxing all the same, that was what mattered. She let out another sigh of relaxation and closed her eyes, letting every part of her body be embraced by the onsen water. She allowed her mind to go blank for a while as she continued to relax herself, and this time, what Subaru told her just now came to her mind.

"Subaru-kun just said there is something else to do after enjoying the onsen here. Hm, what could it be?" Rem muttered to herself, opening her eyes again and trying to guess what it might be. "Subaru-kun mentioned that the onsens have a deep historical background, so maybe we would be learning some more about the history?" She thought, but then she thought Subaru would've just told her so if it was about the history here. "Maybe some more interesting onsen related food?" She had another guess, putting her finger below her chin. "Possible, but something tells Rem that is isn't the answer." She told herself.