Chapter 31: A Spa with Daemos

~Third Person PoV~

Before (Y/n) and Ava was a large, quatrefoil-shaped pool, lined with shiny gold. There was a small circle in the center where the water was deeper and more water rained gracefully from the ceiling. The surrounding area was filled with tall, white columns that were accented with gold and carried draping green and blue shrubbery. Around the rim of the pool were candles that made the gold glow and the water sparkle; two were placed at every corner of the quatrefoil.

Ava's eyes begin to water. "This is the most beautiful hot tub I've ever seen!" (Y/n) could only stand by in awe themself as realization hits Ava and rages fuels her. "Wait- they had a hot tub and they didn't tell me?!" She walks closer and the other human follows suit.

"At first I thought this adventure was dumb... but now I want to live here..." (Y/n) mumbles.

Upstairs and down the hall from the "hot tub," Pierce hears Ava's yell. "Huh?" He looks away, no longer focusing on the conversation with the others.

Noi, meanwhile, was happily answering Rhys' question with a giggle. "From what I learned, on dates humans seem to enjoy pizza. Their parents weren't as scary as I thought, and Sorceress- I mean, Princess Ava." He giggles again, melting over the idea of courting royals. "Seems to like talking a lot."

Leif looks over at Pierce. "You heard that too?"

Rhys looks away from Noi and to Leif and Pierce. "Heard what?"

"Someone is here." Pierce answers, plainly.

The advisor scans around before he feels the presence as well. "Wait... he's right."

Back at the pool, Ava let's out a confident laugh. "Screw finding those guys!" She exclaims, nudging her friend. "I'm sure they won't mind us using their hot tub after all, they stayed in our house!" She set her hands at the hem of her shirt. "I deserve this..." And with that, she pulls it off and throws it to the side.

(Y/n)'s face tints pink and they quickly look away. "A-Ava! Wh-What if they find us though? I don't want them to see me h-half naked!" They huff.

"C'moooon, (Y/n), hot tub!" The short girl whines, pulling on their arm. "When will we get this chance again?"

A groan left the other human's lips as they finally gave in. "Ugh... fine. But you owe me." They strip down to their underwear and step into the warm water.

~Pierce's PoV~

We stand at the top of a staircase, just outside of the room where we sense the intruders. I am the first to walk down, but the others remain at the top.

"How did you not sense someone going through?" Asch asks, clearly frustrated before anything has truly happened.

Rhys sighs. "I don't know... but they're inside here."

I hear the sound of Leif's blade's brush against their sheaths as he draws them and holds them in a battle-ready stance. "Lets kill 'em!"

I drew my own sword and I hear more sounds of metal before we rush into the room. However, when we arrive, we find Ava and (Y/n) seated in the spell pool, both barely clothed.

"Prime (Y/n)?" I ask. "Princess Ava?"

Both humans look up, going red in the face. I note their differences in expression; (Y/n) looks mortified and tries to cover their exposed skin, so I look to Ava who seems fairly alright. "Hiiii!"