𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 28: 80𝑠 𝑁𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡

A/N: thanks sooo much for all the votes and reads! I love you all so much, and I hope you're enjoying the story <3

✯¸.•'*¨'*•♡︎ ♡︎•*'¨*'•.¸✯

I was waiting outside of the roller rink for Eli. There was a slight breeze, making goosebumps rise from my arms and legs. I was wearing the same costume I wore for the school Halloween dance.
I was an 80s aerobics instructor.

I was rubbing my arms to warm them up, when I turn to see two familiar faces about to enter the roller rink. "Robby! Sam!" I called out, grabbing their attention. They both smiled and walked over to me. "Hey guys!" I said.

"Hey y/n! How are you?" Sam asked kindly. "I'm good. How about you guys?" I smiled. "Pretty good." Sam replied. "What're you doing out here alone?" Robby asked.

"Oh, I'm just waiting for-" I started, before someone called out from beside me. "Hey Princess!" The person called. I looked to see Eli dressed as Tom Cruise's character, Maverick, from Top Gun. He was wearing dark sunglasses, jeans, and a jacket that looked like Tom's in the movie.

He came up and wrapped his arm around my shoulders, and looked at who I was talking to. Eli pulled the glasses off his face. Both Eli and Robby tensed and tried to stand taller. "Didn't expect to see you here..." Robby spoke through his teeth, directing his words towards Eli.

"I could say the same for you." Eli responded, speaking through his teeth as well. "I'd be careful if I were you... Tonight's not clown night, so they might not let you in." Robby said, making fun of Eli.

Eli stormed forward, and so did Robby. They met in the middle and stood face to face. "That's funny..." Eli said, clenching his fists. "Woah woah woah..." Sam said, walking up to the two boys. I followed her.

"Woah, yeah, break it up you two..." I said, slightly pushing the two boys away from each other. No one else knew what to say. Robby and Eli remained tense and glaring at each other. The tension between the two was intense. Eventually, Sam broke the silence.

"H-How about we head inside?" She asked us all. I wrapped my arm around Eli's and answered. "You guys can go ahead in." I said to Sam and Robby. Sam smiled and nodded, while pulling Robby along with her inside. Once the two disappeared from sight, I turned to face Eli.

"Don't mind him, Eli. Alright?" I said, looking into his eyes. He broke our eye contact and looked at the spot where Sam and Robby disappeared to. I raised my hand up to his cheek and softly directed his gaze to meet mine.

"Alright?" I said again. He looked into my eyes, and softened his face and posture. He gave a small smile and nodded. "I'm not gonna let him ruin this night." He confirmed. "That's the spirit, Pigeon!"

"It's been a while since I've seen you in this costume." He said, looking over my body. "You missed it, didn't you?" I teased. "Oh for sure. There's no shame in my game." He laughed, wrapping his arms around my waist. "Where's your doctor costume this time?" I asked.

"Eh. That's a costume for nerds. I thought I'd step it up this time." He said, looking down at his current costume for a second. "I like this one. It's perfect!" I exclaimed. He put his dark glasses back on and posed. "Who's hotter... me or Tom Cruise?" He asked, putting fists on his hips and pretending to look off into the distance.

"Hmmm..." I hummed, putting my hand under my chin. "I'm gonna have to go with Tom..." I decided. He pretended to be offended and threw his hand to his chest. I laughed. "Alright, but does Tom have this?" He asked, flexing one of his biceps.

"Yes." I simply said. "Does he have these?" He asked, lifting his shirt and flexing his abs. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach at the sight, but I ignored it. "Yep." I said plainly again. "Does he know karate?" He asked.