Chapter 10

—Asami's pov—

"Asami, wake up" I heard my father's voice, he opened my blinds having the bright light shine into my eyes

"Ah" i hissed at the light rubbing my eyes as I tried to adjust to it. I stretched in my bed sitting up, I looked over to my father who was putting something on my vanity "here, I left a pantsuit here for you to wear, I don't need you looking sloppy and speed it up will ya" he said leaving my room.

I let out a sigh and got dressed adding the hair pin my mother got me years ago, I met my father downstairs, we ate a silent breakfast and went in his car. As we drove we passed in front of the school, I noticed Korra barely getting there, I looked at the time on my phone 'late again' I let out a soft chuckle.

"So...when can I go back to school?" I asked my father

"Tomorrow, if you do well today" he explained to me.

If I can go to school tomorrow, I have to figure out how to get to school then from school to the company since my dad doesn't want to give me one of our drivers. Maybe Bolin and Opal won't mind taking me.

"We're here" I heard my father say as he put the car in park "let's go" I followed him into the large building. I met many workers, each group had a purpose, one worked on plans, one worked in the factory, one did deliveries and one cleaned up the place. I followed my father into his office "this is where I will work, you are to stay in the desk outside to make sure no one disturbs me. While I work on paper work or what ever, you will schedule my meets and business trips, which you will be attending, you will also be in charge of bringing in any packages that come in and sorting out my completed paperwork" he continued to explain what I'm supposed to do. It was a lot, I don't know how I'll be able to juggle this and school.

"Now we have to attend a meeting in 10 minutes, get your notepad, you'll be taking notes"

"Yes sir" he smiled as I spoke.

The meeting took forever, it was just old men talking about shipping and the cost, I didn't even know what to take notes about, hey I still tried. At the end my father didn't mind the notes I took, he thought it was 'good enough'

He continued to show me around the factory part of the place where his blueprints come to life.

The day finally ended, it was so long I was ready for a nice hot shower and a deep sleep. After my shower I looked at my phone seeing text messages from my friends.

Opal: it's official, Asami's in the group chat!!

Wu: as she should🥳

Bolin: finally!

Opal: babe you were there when I added her

Bolin: hey let me be great🙄

Mako: Asami why weren't you at school today?

Bolin: yeah, are you coming tomorrow?

Opal: I hope so, Kuvira wouldn't shut up about Asami

Bolin: fr! She even asked me if Asami hated her cause of that day

Wu: what even happened?
         I asked Opal but she couldn't explain for shit

Opal: HEY😡

Bolin: basically Iroh and Tahno were being assholes to some guy and Kuvira didn't do shit to stop her friends

Opal: and Korra came in all heroic😫

Mako: Uh oh, looks like Bolin gots some competition