Part 11

Seokjin's Point Of View

"You know you could've just skipped today, right?", Taehyung asked while we were working to Namjoon's car.

"What's your problem?", I rudely asked.

Taehyung rolled his eyes and stopped walking, "You know what, I'm going to take the cab back home"

"What's his problem?", I asked Namjoon while entering his car.

"He's not wrong, you know?", Namjoon responded.

"You knew Ye-Ji would be there and we already made a deal with you that we will see her when you are not around", he added.

I kept quiet.

"Just because you suddenly decided to stop talking with her, doesn't mean all of us should too"

"I don't know why you guys are so reluctant to hang out with Eun Jung", I bitterly said.

"Hyung, it's nothing personal but we've all agreed to only hangout once everything is serious. Remember?"

"Yes, but remember when you decided to take things seriously with her? It was the night Ye-Ji slept at our dorm"

I did not tell tell anyone but the night after I hung out with Ye-Ji, I became so distracted with everything that it came to a point where Eun Jung started accusing me of sleeping with her. We got into many fights, especially after she saw Ye-Ji's photos in one of the guy's private social media accounts.

"Where did you sleep last night?", Eun Jung asked while showing Jimin's Instagram page. It had a photo of him and Ye-Ji hanging out together.

"At home", I calmly replied.

"Which home, Jin? Tell me the truth"

"I went back to the dorm. I didn't know she was going to be there"

She threw her phone across the room and said, "Don't you fucking give me that. Don't tell me you didn't know that they were planning to hang out with her"

"Eun Jung, I really didn't know. I got home and she was there but we didn't talk. By the time I arrived, she was already asleep and when I woke up, she wasn't there anymore", I lied

I had to.

I had to lie to her that day because she was hysteric about it.

She was telling me all sorts of things about ending her life and she even threatened to go to the public about me and Ye-Ji, even though nothing was going on because she knew what people did to Ye-Ji. So I had no other choice but to promise that I'd commit to her.

Stupid, I know.

But I didn't want Ye-Ji to go through again all the unnecessary backlash.

And I thought it'd be easier to forget her.

Text Message

Ye-Ji - Why were you so mean to me?

I wanted to reply but I just ignored her text.

Ye-Ji's Point of View

I waited for hours waiting for his reply, hoping that he'd explain why he went missing for days after that night or why would he just be so bitter with me at the restaurant when I didn't do anything wrong.

Text Message

Ye-Ji - Any idea why he's acting like this?
Taehyung - All of us are trying to figure out the same thing. Sorry, Ye-Ji. Let's just have a small lunch group next time. Less possibility of him joining.
Ye-Ji - We'll see...

My mind was drifting away when I heard Ara calling me.

"Yes, baby. What do you want?"

"Mummy, next week for art class, teacher wants us to create a family tree. She asked us bring photos of our grandparents, parents and me", she responded.

I froze the moment when she said parents.

I looked at her and said, "What did you say?"

She shrugged, "I told her I don't have any photos of my father because I never met him"

My heart sunk because I could feel her tone was dropping towards the end of the sentence.

"Mummy?", she looked me, her eyes gleamed up.

I held her head, "Yes baby?"

"Do you think he will come back this year?"