More than an Assistant Reader x Natasha

In this one shot you are Natasha's assistant.

You've been working for Miss Romanoff for a couple of months now, she doesn't talk to you all that much, most days she hands you a list of things to do and send you on your way. You understand who she is, and you know she's and Avenger, but you don't know what she truly did beyond what you had heard.

Miss Romanoff had an office in Stark tower and that's where you greeted her most mornings at 9am, however this morning she wasn't there. You wandered round the tower trying to find Miss Romanoff or at least someone who could tell you where she was.

"Mr Stark sorry to bother you but you wouldn't happen to perhaps know where I might find Miss Romanoff?" he lifted his head up from his phone to talk to you. "she's currently working on an interrogation ill let her know you're looking for her." You nod.

"actually, Mr Stark if you could show me the way I wouldn't mind telling her myself, she normally has a list of things for me to do anyway." He gave you the directions to the interrogation room and you went on your way.

You approached a room, the door was unlocked and so you walked in, inside the dark room there was a desk and a window, on the other side of the dark glass you could see Miss Romanoff talking with a man. You watched as her head tilted and her hands balled into fists, clearly whatever then man was saying was angering her.

She looked like she'd hit him at any moment but instead she burst through the door to the room you were standing in and quickly composed herself, breathing in deeply and then plastering her poker face on.

"Miss Romanoff are you okay?" she looked at you and completely dodged your question. "y/n you shouldn't be here, you should've waited for me in my office."

"I know I just figured you'd have jobs for me that needed doing." She fumbled around trying to find her list of jobs for you, she always carried so many papers with reminders on it was hard to find the list. "I can't find the list I wrote for you, just follow me back to my office."

You walked out of her office your eyes taking a moment to adjust to the natural bright light bursting through the windows. Once you had done you looked over at Miss Romanoff and noticed her neck bleeding, dripping red blood stains onto her white shirt.

Almost instinctively you pulled out a tissue from a packet you'd had in your bag and started to clean it up. You were standing awfully close to her, inappropriately close to her but you were focused on clean the cut. She cleared her throat and you looked up now realising how inappropriate that was.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have." You backed away and she turned to walk down the hall to her office to which you followed. She closed the door behind you and started to look around for the list she had written but was clearly having some trouble finding it.

"Miss Romanoff, would you like me to help you look for it?" you questioned. She was standing on one side of her desk and you lent over the opposite side to help her. Her breath hitched in her throat "don't call me Miss Romanoff." You were confused by her statement, what were you meant to call her if you couldn't use her name?

"I'm not sure what I'm supposed to call you then." She averted her eyes from you to the wall avoiding eye contact with you. you'd just clocked she'd been looking down your loosely buttoned shirt before shed looked away. "I'm not sure."

"Miss Romanoff is everything okay?" You walked round the other side of the desk until you were close to her, again closer than you should've been. You could smell her sweet perfume and coconut shampoo. You could've sworn she was about to kiss you, but she backed away picking up a blue post it from the floor and handing it to you. the list of jobs.