015

january 27th, 2024
11:02 pm

AFTER SEEING JOSHUA LEAVE, Ayoluwa had to force herself not to start crying

There were music executives and her peers all over this party and if she broke down right now, she would lose any credibility she had gained from the past three and a half years.

So when the music started, Ayoluwa took the retro silver microphone into her dominant hand and began to sing, "You, you make my heart go boom."

Her eyes met Robert's and he grinned as she continued to sing, "Oh, baby, its the look in your eyes that makes you the prize, I wish we were together, right now."

Throughout the song, she held eye contact with the man and before she knew it, Ayoluwa was finished with the song and everyone in the crowd was clapping.

A stage hand helped her down from the stage and she walked over to greet Robert.

"You did so good up there!" Robert said.

"Thanks." Ayoluwa nodded.

"You're going to the after party right? Mariah Carey is hosting it." Robert asked.

"Uh, yeah I saw that but I think I'm gonna go home. I have some stuff to handle." Ayolwua said.

Robert nodded, embraced her for a couple of seconds then pulled away, "I'll see you at the studio tomorrow, right?"

"Of course." Ayoluwa faked a smile, "I have a shit ton of new songs to record so.."

He nodded again then strode off to talk to The Weeknd.

Ayoluwa walked off to the balcony, opened her purse and pulled out her cell phone to make a conference call, "'G'? Amy? I know it's late but I need your help with something. It's important."

The next morning, Joshua still hadn't came home.

Ayoluwa was surprisingly calm at the decision she had made, one hand resting on top of the table and the other wrapped around her mug of tea, fully dressed.

She gulped at it, ignoring the heated liquid.

It was the only thing she really enjoyed consuming lately, every thing else just made her sick.

Finally, the locks clicked and Joshua came in the door, still adorned in his tuxedo.

He paused in the doorway, clearly stunned at the amount of fully packed brown moving boxes around the penthouse.