✿Chapter 25: Reuniting✿

You stood outside with Rapunzel who was currently forging a new pan. You heard the secret door open and turned around to see Eugene walking over to Rapunzel, "Hey, blondie. How are you holding up?" He asked.

"Me?" Rapunzel asked, "Fine." She said, dunking the hot frying pan into water, immediately cooling it, and creating steam. She then pulled the frying pan out and showed it to Eugene, Pascal, and You, "What do you think?" You nodded, it was a nice pan. Pascal gave it a chef's kiss, "It's not bad, right?"

Eugene looked at her, "You've been through a lot since we got back." He said, just trying to get her to talk, "Not to mention what happened with Cassandra." Your eyes widened, why didn't you notice before? Cassandra wasn't here? What happened to her?

Rapunzel laughed, "WHat? Augh, I mean, to tell you the truth, I haven't even thought about... that person." Rapunzel splattered paint on the pan. You looked at her skeptically.

"Rapunzel!" Eugene grabbed her that was holding a paintbrush, "You can't even say her name." He frowned, "There's a difference between setting feelings aside, and burying them so deep they change who you are." You suddenly thought of Varian when he said that.

Pascal hopped onto Eugene's shoulder, squeaking as if trying to back up his words.

The blonde-haired woman looked up at him, "What are you saying, Eugene?"

"What I'm saying is that you're not alone in this." He said, just trying to comfort her.

"I know." Rapunzel said, before mumbling to herself, "But maybe it would be better if I were." Your jaw dropped, what happened when they were gone for Rapunzel to say something like that?

Eugene must have heard it too, "What was that?" He asked, but was interrupted by Xavier clearing his throat. You all looked up seeing the man walk out.

"Am I interrupting?" He said causing you to chuckle to yourself. Always.

Rapunzel looked angry, "No. Heh. I'm just making a new pan." She waved it around, and you got a good glance of the Coronan Crest on it.

"Princesses, we need to discuss our strategy." He said.

Eugene took a step towards the man, "I'll be there in a second." Rapunzel said. Eugene and her shared a kiss before the man followed Xavier to the secret room. Rapunzel grabbed her bag and said, "Right after I take back my kingdom."

"I'm still here, you know?" You deadpanned, Rapunzel turned to look at you, her jaw dropped, "Yeah, you're gonna want to be more subtle than that." You shrugged, "Don't worry. I'm coming with you."

She shook her head, "But, you're injured!" Rapunzel said, reaching out for you.

"So? You aren't the only princess who needs to reclaim their kingdom, plus, I have a friend in there who needs a little persuading." You said.

"Varian." Rapunzel said, causing you to nod, "Alright, I see your point. Let's go then." She said, grabbing your uninjured arm and pulling you along.

✿✿✿

The two of you carefully snuck down to the docks to get closer to the secret tunnel. You heard some squeaks in front of you and grabbed onto Rapunzel, holding her in front of you. She gasped.

"Pascal! What are you doing here?" She asked.

You let out a sigh and looked at the chameleon as he squeaked at Rapunzel, supposedly giving her a lecture or something. You weren't so good at speaking frog.

Rapunzel let out a gasp, "What? No, of course, I trust you." She picked the chameleon up off the wall, "I just... thought of this as a solo mission." You looked at Rapunzel with one eyebrow raised, you were all face, you couldn't exactly cross your arms to sass her. Pascal did all the sass for you, he crossed his little arm/paw/claw/hand things and stuck his tongue out at her, "Augh, all right. I can never fool you." She smiled and then leaned down, "Check this out." She said before pulling the grate out from over the secret tunnel. She chuckled taking a glance over at you, "I know (Y/N) used this much more than I did."