Kick It

When everything was finished and I had decided on Jessi's wedding dress, Jessi insisted that Haechan walk me back to my room while she and the tailors took care of the rest. I was thankful that she suggested it since I was already hoping for a chance to speak with him privately.

On the way back to my bedroom, Haechan and I talked about mostly unimportant stuff, but when we arrived, I gave him a look.

"Okay you're either trying to make a move on me, which I doubt is the case, or you have something you wanted to talk about."

I laughed at the joke.

"Come in," I instructed, opening the door to let him enter.

"What's up?" He asked.

I looked at him not sure how to start.

"Haechan, you're my best friend, right?"

Haechan gave me a look that said, "Oh god, please don't ask me to do something I won't be able to do for you."

I gave him a crooked smile that said, "I know. I know, but just listen to what I have to say."

"What are you asking, Y/N?"

"Just please answer the question," I pleaded.

Haechan sighed.

"I guess that during my time undercover, you did somehow manage to become more important to me than I would have liked."

I stared at him expecting him to go on.

His expression begged me to let him stop.

I didn't.

"Fine, you're my best friend. And as my best friend, I hope you're not thinking of asking me to do something that you know I can't do."

"I'm not asking for you to betray NCT, so don't worry about that."

Haechan's shoulders relaxed significantly.

"Then what are you asking?"

"What can you tell me about Winwin and Taeil?"

Haechan furrowed his brows, obviously confused as to why I was suddenly asking about his two colleagues.

"What do you wanna know?" He asked, cautiously.

"I can't tell you anything yet, but I need you to trust me on this. I think that I may have stumbled across something that could stop the wedding while still being beneficial to NCT."

Haechan tinkered with my words in his head, analyzing them, weighing them, and rearranging them to make sure that there was no hidden meaning other than the obviously hidden meaning.

"I'm taking a big risk here," he spoke finally.

"I know."

Haechan gave me a suspicious look as though he were trying to pick apart my true intentions one last time.

"Fine, I trust you."

<><><><><><>

Beep Beep Beep

"Day four," I thought to myself.

I quickly went through the steps of my morning routine and ended up arriving at the gym twenty minutes early. Instead of waiting outside the door like usual, I entered as soon as I arrived. After all, I had a plan to enact and if I could get done with training even a minute earlier than usual, than showing up early would be worth it.