13 || Dessert Isn't Always Sweet

Edited: 04.26.2022

Song: The Neighbourhood -  Cry Baby (slowed +reverb)

𝔚𝔚𝔚
Giana

Twenty fucking two?!

Greta was only twenty two years old?

The grip on my fork turns impossibly tighter, nearly enough bend the metal.

Ethan was in the middle of a story next to me but I couldn't care less for I was too preoccupied with the information I had just been given.

Greta was only twenty two, she was closer to my age than she was Alessio's age of twenty eight. And she had the audacity to call me a child when we were closer in age than she was to Alessio?!

I didn't know how to process it. I look up casting a glace ahead of me at Alessio who's seated next to Greta. But I'm only focused on Alessio.

So he doesn't mind younger?

I cant help but feel pathetic at the small sliver of hope that rises within me. It's highly unlikely he'll even start considering me in that way and I need to get myself out of this haze of Alessio.

My gaze lingers on the handsome man in question and I find myself contemplating if he's even worth it.

He takes a bite of his food and chews, his sharp chiseled jaw tightening and contracting as he does so. There is a little bit of stubble there today seeing as he opted not to shave and he looks as perfect as ever.

Right now his attention is on Arnold at the head of the table, who sits adjacent to Ethan - who is next to me. Alessio nods and breathes out a chuckle at something Arnold says and I can see him swallow his bite before his perfectly white teeth are on full display.

Even his forced smiles were pretty.

As if sensing my gaze, he turns his head, his brown eyes meet mine as he leans back in his chair sending me that look.

The one that's asking a silent question, making sure I'm doing alright. He waits, holding eye contact until I give him a nod before he returns to his conversation, listening to Arnold while fiddling with his fathers ring on his pinky, absentmindedly.

He's definitely worth it.

Dinner had started out tense with Ethan trying to lighten the awkward silence while Alessio sat glowering between Ethan and I. But then his glares had turned to cringes at Greta's obnoxious shrieks she referred to as laughs.

"So, Greta here tells me that you two have been spending some extra time together." Comes Arnold's voice as he leans back allowing the maids to remove his plate, before dessert arrives.

Alessio wipes off the last bit of food and I would be lying if I said I wasn't following the movement of his tongue dart out to swipe at his lower lip.

I hated myself for still wanting him so badly. But it's not like I cared about Greta anymore, I was certain she was a total obnoxious bitch.

I had given her the benefit of the doubt before meeting her, but upon discovering her sour personality, I deemed her unworthy of Alessio.