Chapter 17

Heath had texted me that he was about 5 minutes away

Heath had texted me that he was about 5 minutes away. I quickly grabbed my sweater and little purse before slipping on my shoes and heading downstairs. "Hey May. Heath invited me to go to the movies with him and the guys. I'm probably going to be home around 10."

"Of course, have fun on your date," May says sending me a wink my way. 

I groan in annoyance. "It is not a date. It's just a hangout with the guys. And Heath happens to be the one who invited me. And is picking me up," I try to convince her that this isn't a date. She just raises an eyebrow in response. "Okay, I'm going now bye," I rush out. 

Heath's car is waiting in front of my house and I make my way over there. The air is cold tonight, so the wind brushes my hair in my face. I quickly open the car door to the passenger side and slide in. "Hi," I say putting on my seatbelt.

Heath reaches his hand and brushes the few strands of hair away from my face. "You ready?" He asks me and I nod in response. He begins to drive us to the movies. I bring my phone out to text Jed that we're on our way. He tells me that Kade and Nash have already arrived. 

The car ride is silent as I look out the window and watch the building pass by. Soon we reach the parking lot to the movies and Heath turns off the engine to his car. We both get out of his truck and walk towards where I spot a guy with a neon orange jacket.

"Boo!" I sneak up on Kade and he lets out a girlish scream. "Hey Kade," I greet him laughing.

"Geez, you almost scared the popcorn out of me," Kade says swatting my arm. 

"So what movie are we watching?" I ask the guys.

"It's a surprise," Jed says wiggling his eyebrows. We all make our way inside the movies and got our snacks and drinks. I watch as we make it to our movie room. Great. We're watching the movie "After". It's a romance movie. Gee, I wonder who chose this.

"Jed? Did you pick this movie?" I whisper yells to him. He nods his head. Jed was always known as a hopeless romantic. 

We make our way to the seats. Unfortunately, I got stuck with Jed on my left, he cries a lot. And Heath on my right, he'll probably find a way to distract me.

The commercials show first so the movie won't be playing just yet. "I'm gonna use the bathroom real quick, I'll be right back," I tell Jed who nods watching the commercials with a serious expression on his face. 

I scootch my way out of the aisle and walk to the bathroom. "Did you see those group of guys?" I hear a female voice say as I use a stall.

"I know right, they're so hot," Another voice says. "Should I give them my number?"

"Yes! Do it. Oh, I dibs on the guy with the neon orange jacket!"

"Oh, you can have him. I'm going for the guy with the rings. And the hand tattoos. Now he's hot," Rings? Hand tattoos? The only guy I know who has those are... I gasp. Heath? Yeah, they can have him. "But did you see the girl who was with them though? I bet you she's fucking all of them."