Stone heart

Vikram

I woke up that morning with a headache. I drank? I recollected yesterday.. The bright light.. Sree.. What I told her.. And what she told me.. Though it was hazy, I recollected hearing her voice.. Was it true or was it a dream?

If it were true, that meant she had feelings for me too? The thought made me happy. Then I realized.. But she was going to get engaged to Gautham.. Why would she do that?

Probably.. She was still angry about what I told during the Diya incident..

I had to stop the engagement, if we had feelings for each other..

I went down, and saw her there.. I wanted to go and tell her everthing.. But I recollected Gautham.. I couldn't tell without making sure of it..

She was taking lemons out of the fridge and when she saw me ,she told me that I could share my problems.

I couldn't tell her... Therefore I asked her to leave..

My mom came home some time later. I confided in her, that I loved Sree and there was a chance that she liked me back..

My mom was so happy.. That I finally liked someone.. And she remembered Sree.. She liked her very much..

"We should go and ask them for their hand! " she had said

I said that she was to be engaged, but my mom didn't care..
"Go and stop it.. Tell Sree how you feel.. Let her decide.. ", she had said.

I went to my room to think of the same.. When I came down for lunch, I passed Karan's room. I heard a woman's voice and went near the door..
I peeked in a bit and was surprised to see Malini. She was hugging Karan.

They both knew each other? What was this?

I went away from the room and towards the stairs when I saw Gautham.. Coming towards me..

"Vikram,...how could you", he shouted and came and held me by my shirt collar.

"Wha.. What happened? ", I asked

" You and Sree.. Loved each other.. But you didn't tell me anything.. She.. I understand.. But you were supposed to be my best friend.. We are going to get engaged and you two?.. Had your own private time?

Is this how you treat your friend? ", he shouted

" Gautham, calm down and tell me what happened?, come let's talk in my room", I said

We went to my room.
Gautham opened his phone and showed me photos.. Photos of yesterday.. With Sree and me looking so intimate.. Then there were others of the trip, of the dance, of our to be kiss, of us walking, of that day in Anya's flat where I had fell down on her.. So many..

I was shocked... Who did this? Who had taken these and why?

"Who sent you these Gautham? ", I asked

" No idea an unknown number.. And they asked me to call Deepa too, hear what she had to say", he said

He played Deepa's message.

" What did he want, the person? ", I asked

"I guess he wanted to break off this engagement, but now that I think of it, that's exactly what I should do.. " , he said

"Gautham.. I'm sorry.. I realized my love too late.. And when I came to propose.. I heard that you both were to be engaged.. I never meant to hurt you and I didn't know that Sree liked me back", I said.

Gautham shook his head..
"So what? You should have told, we were more that just normal friends" He said

"Sorry,.. So you going to cancel this. . Engagement? ", I asked.