(26)

Von was still acting funny over the next few days. I didn't know what was wrong with him and whenever I asked, he always told me not to worry about it. He stayed out a lot more too, especially at night. I just gave up on asking and just waited until he was ready to say anything or until something happened. One day I was getting Dayvon ready for school and getting myself ready for work. I finished doing my hair then I said "Come on Dayvon!"

I walked in the living room and grabbed my keys then Dayvon ran in and said "I can't find my book" Me: "It's sittin onna counter." I pointed and he stuffed it in his bag and said "I'm ready." Me: "Imma be takin you and pickin you up okay?" He nodded then Von came around the corner and said "Where you goin?" Me: "I'm takin him to school then I'm goin to work. Imma be off at 1pm so youn gotta worry bout getting Dayvon." Von: "Ight."

Me: "You got everything?" Dayvon: "Uh huh." Me: "Ight come on." Von came over to me and kissed my cheek then he said "I love you" Me: "I love you too." I grabbed Dayvon's hand and walked out. We walked down the steps and out to the car. He got in the backseat and I said "Put yo seatbelt on" We got to his school about 20 minutes later and he opened the door and said "Bye Mama!" Me: "Gimme some love boy."

He put his head between the seats and kissed my cheek then he hugged me and said "Love you" Me: "I love you too, you betta behave." Dayvon: "I will." He got out and slammed the door then he ran over to a teacher. I waved then I rolled the window up and drove off. I got to work around 9am and as soon as I walked in Maurice ran over to me and said "Heyyy." Q ran out after him and said "Bitch.. I'm ready to kill a mf. Dion and Kim been goin at it all morning, we got 2 new people coming in and Myra is late."

Me: "Damn 😭" Q: "Imma need you and Maurice to train the 2 people. They're in the back." Me: "Okay." I walked in the back with Maurice behind me then I seen a girl and a boy that looked real young. Me: "Hi.." The girl waved and said "Hii." Maurice: "Y'all look young as fuck. How old are y'all?" The boy laughed then he said "We're 18." Me: "Have y'all graduated yet?" They shook their heads then Maurice said "Are y'all a couple?" The girl scrunched her face up and said "Ew no..."

I tried holding in my laugh then he said "Mkay so what's yalls names?" Boy: "I'm Jayce and she's Riyah." Me: "Ight well we gon get started here inna lil bit. This is Maurice, I'm Laiya or Lai, whichever one y'all wanna call me." Maurice: "The manager is Q, anddd imma go look for Kim and Dion." He walked out and I said "Imma let y'all know right now, this job aint nun serious. Y'all might get a cuppa bitch ass customers in here but dassit. Everybody in here real cool."

Riyah: "See I already like it here." I laughed and put my stuff up then  I heard the door open and Kim said "HEYYY! Oh my gawddd y'all are so CUTE! How old y'all is?" Jayce: "18.." Kim: "Oh baby you legal. Can I get yo numbaa? Wait is this yo girl?" Riyah: "No 😂 Gon head" Kim handed him her phone then he typed in a number. Kim: "Thanks boo!" Dion: "You trifling." Kim: "Shut da fuck up. Worry bout you bitch"

Dion rolled his eyes and said "Where you been Lai?" Me: "Inna hospital" Dion: "For what?" Maurice: "Nigga do you recognize anything different?" He waved his hands around my stomach then Dion said "Oh dayum you had the baby??" Me: "Are you slow?" Riyah: "Aw you have a baby?" Me: "I have 2" Dion: "It was twins??" Kim: "Dion baby.. Gon head and shut up." I shook my head and showed her the picture of Dayvon holding True in the hospital.

Riyah: "Awww they're so cuteee" Me: "Thank you." Q came in and said "Can somebody go get me something to eat? I'm fuckin hungry" Maurice: "I gotchu baby. Whatchu want?" Q: "Get me anything." All of us walked out and I helped Riyah and Jayce get trained. A few hours later me and Maurice left for lunch. Maurice: "Q been so stressed lately... I feel so bad." Me: "Me too. Dis damn job done stressed him tf out."